Grand Cine

Weekdays (08-11th July) Super Tuesday DM4 : 15,1M - IO2 : 5,6M

5 hours ago, vale9001 said:

OS It was bigger (counting how big is the market in general no need to Say) i would Say almost in every market. In NA made only the 29% of the global Total. So the potential was there with all the awards and the discussion about It to make at least 50M imo. 

Meanwhile this last One is a flop everywhere, so seems like the appeal just is not here.

It's very much a movie that would play better overseas.

Just now, charlie Jatinder said:

$5 tix inflating WED as well. $10M for DM4

how about Inside Out 2 because it will pass The Lion King remake tonight?

Edited by Migs20242

12 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

$5 tix inflating WED as well. $10M for DM4

Is the T-Mobile $5 ticket sale just mainly a weekday thing or does it also come into play during the weekend. 

If that's the case, we could be looking at stronger drops for both Inside Out 2 and Despicable Me 4.

1 minute ago, Ryan C said:

Is the T-Mobile $5 ticket sale just mainly a weekday thing or does it also come into play during the weekend. 

If that's the case, we could be looking at stronger drops for both Inside Out 2 and Despicable Me 4.

It would help weekend some but there are limited no of coupons not sure how many 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ryan C said:

both IO2 and DM4 will have strong hold this weekend.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Migs20242 said:

Yes it applies to all movies.

Sorry, dumb question. Thought it was cross promotion between Universal and T-mobile only.

11 hours ago, LonePirate said:

I don’t think it’s been discussed here much; but Kinds of Kindness has had a dismal run given its high pedigree. Sure, the reviews have only been middling instead of terrific like for Poor Things and summer is seldom a good time to unleash arthouse-type or highbrow fare. Still, the film won’t reach $10M US and probably not even $8M. Somebody dropped the ball on this one.

$10M was my bar for success on this one, so while I'm a little bummed it will fall short of that mark it makes sense in hindsight. Anthology films are always a dodgy prospect financially (trying to think of any that actually broke out now and failing), and this didn't have a clean hook the way Poor Things, The Favourite, or even The Lobster had (which also made $8M in America but was a much bigger surprise, since it was an early A24 release). It'll end up making about the same amount of money as Beau is Afraid, another esoteric and alienating auteur piece that runs close to three hours (although KoK had a much lower budget at least).

17 minutes ago, Juby said:

IO2 is getting weaker thank TS4 same days. I think $660m dom is the ceiling now.

it’s also coming from a Holliday inflated week. So these drops aren’t entirely surprising. With the T-Mobile deal this week might also be slightly inflated so I guess we won’t know how it stabilizes until the week Deadpool arrives, or even after that.

20 minutes ago, Juby said:

IO2 is getting weaker thank TS4 same days. I think $660m dom is the ceiling now.

With the T-Mobile $5 ticket sale ending til July 14, I still think IO2 can reach 670+ million domestically.

Like I said yesterday I think the over/under for IO2 is Barbie.

It feels like it is headed to around 640-645.

DOM I think the best case scenario is 10th all-time, just sneaking past JW (652). Worst case is falling just short of Barbie (636) and finishing 12th.

WW it feels like it is headed to somewhere between $1.6B and $1.650B. On either end that would place it at #10 ahead of the Avengers and behind TLK.

Internationally can it pass Frozen II (974M) and get to $1B intl?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RamblinRed said:

DOM I think the best case scenario is 10th all-time, just sneaking past JW (652). Worst case is falling just short of Barbie (636) and finishing 12th.

WW it feels like it is headed to somewhere between $1.6B and $1.650B. On either end that would place it at #10 ahead of the Avengers and behind TLK.

Yup. Seems like a reasonable take here. I'm with you.

5 hours ago, Juby said:

It won't hit $660m. 

$650m is unlikely.

Edited by Noctis

2 hours ago, RamblinRed said:

Really a good reminder to not call anything a lock based on a good second weekend drop. Inside Out legs are obviously great but someone here (I think @charlie Jatinder?) tried to downplay the legs of barbie to support the argument that Inside Out will easily outgross it.

Top Gun Maverick really looks to be perhaps the only $100m+ opener whose late legs were as impressive as it 2nd weekend drop foreshadowed.