AniNate

7/12 weekend thread: Longlegs $22.4m, To the Moon $9.4m

Just now, titanic2187 said:

Dang, even with weak Saturday and Sunday holds it should end up having a $42M+ weekend, or a sub-42% drop. Even with the Wednesday opening that's a great hold.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

That wasn't bad considering it has 875k in previews. 

I really hope this movie has good legs.

Edited by Kon

Also, Fly Me To The Moon is a pretty good film. I enjoyed it. A bit overlong, but the story and characters were engaging. Jim Rash stole the show IMO. Fucking hilarious.

3 minutes ago, Kon said:

That wasn't bad considering it has 875k in previews. 

I really hope this movie has good legs.

Since they never reported last weekend's preview numbers I wonder if Sony/Apple is slipping the Friday previews into those numbers (and will then slip Saturday's previews into today's numbers).

Pretty good for QP Day One. Considering it probably lost some of the Horror audience to Long legs. With good Sat and Sunday it should do 11+ for the weekend. And BB ROD gonna finish in that 190-197 range that KFP 4 and GXK did most likely unless Sony can find a way to drag it to 200.  Still pretty good but thought summer weekdays would get it over the hump to match For Life.

Wasn’t The Lion King also re-released last year in some theaters for a limited time as part of the Disney 100th anniversary? Along with some other Disney films? Surely it must have grossed something from that one or not, right?