kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | Actuals | 81.3M TWISTERS | 24.4M DESPICABLE ME IV | 12.8M INSIDE OUT II | 12.0M LONGLEGS

6 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

He looks and exudes the charisma of a leading male...definitely reminds me of young Brad Pitt...

It's kinda weird that he's not actually that young. He's paid his dues. He'll be 36 very soon here.

4 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

It's kinda weird that he's not actually that young. He's paid his dues. He'll be 36 very soon here.

Well, he's a young Brad Pitt b/c Brad is like 60 now:)...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Same. Saw Twisters last night and my husband was shocked to find out he’s a year younger than Glen. 

Rough drops continue for maxxxine. Safe to say Neon won this battle

Sing Sing falls to $16k PTA, hard to say what that means for the wide release though because bleeding and tv went immediately wider after their initial ny/la weekends 

Date Rank Gross % Change Theaters Per Theater Total Gross Days
Jul 18, 2024 P $10,700,000   0     $10,700,000  
Jul 19, 2024 1 $32,240,000   4,151 $7,767   $32,240,000 1
Jul 20, 2024 - $27,520,000 -15% 4,151 $6,630   $59,760,000 2
Jul 21, 2024 - $20,740,000 -25% 4,151 $4,996   $80,500,000 3

A great 28% Saturday increase

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Flopped said:

Is the expectation that Deadpool vs Wolverine will just pulverize everything next week? Or do you guys think Twisters and Longlegs can hold on to some business? 

Seems divided. I think Twisters, Longlegs, Inside Out, Despicable Me will all hold well. Should be spillover. Late July weekends last year supported a lot of movies and tgos isn't Barbie & Oppenheimer the same weekend. It's Deadpool and Twisters in its second weekend. I'm optimistic for 50%~ type drop. Walk ups this weekend are extremely impressive. Word of mouth must be strong.

At least a 40% drop for twisters does seem inevitable given the loss of PLF screens, but I do think it has a certain audience specifically interested in the movie itself and can act as less irreverent counterprogramming to Deadpool