kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | Actuals | 81.3M TWISTERS | 24.4M DESPICABLE ME IV | 12.8M INSIDE OUT II | 12.0M LONGLEGS

Did a double header today of Twisters and Longlegs. 

Fwiw I absolutely loved Twisters. The tornado effects were incredible and after a bit of a rough start where I didn't really like any of the characters, about 15 or 20 minutes in it just seemed like it got better written. It helped that there was a lot of chemistry between the two leads. Jones was fantastic and she reminds me of a young Anne Hathaway.

As for long legs, not quite my tempo. It wasn't a bad movie it's just not my kind of horror movie. I get why people like it, there's definitely a market for this kind of film. It was much too slow for me and I really couldn't get behind the explanation for everything.

Even though Deadpool it's going to kill it at the box office this weekend, I think there's enough audience Goodwill so that twisters can coexist without dropping massively. -55% is where I'm at.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, baumer said:

Did a double header today of Twisters and Longlegs. 

Fwiw I absolutely loved Twisters. The tornado effects were incredible and after a bit of a rough start where I didn't really like any of the characters, about 15 or 20 minutes in it just seemed like it got better written. It helped that there was a lot of chemistry between the two leads. Jones was fantastic and she reminds me of a young Anne Hathaway.

As for long legs, not quite my tempo. It wasn't a bad movie it's just not my kind of horror movie. I get why people like it, there's definitely a market for this kind of film. It was much too slow for me and I really couldn't get behind the explanation for everything.

Even though Deadpool it's going to kill it at the box office this weekend, I think there's enough audience Goodwill so that twisters can coexist without dropping massively. -55% is where I'm at.

Hey, kinda same, except I watched Twisters yesterdat and Longlegs today :)

I do agree with Daisy Edgar-Jones, a lot of people have been more focused on Powell (for good reason), I have loved her in both this and Crawdads. Hope I like Longlegs more than you though!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, abracadabra1998 said:

Hey, kinda same, except I watched Twisters yesterdat and Longlegs today :)

I do agree with Daisy Edgar-Jones, a lot of people have been more focused on Powell (for good reason), I have loved her in both this and Crawdads. Hope I like Longlegs more than you though!

You probably will like longlegs more than I did. I'm drawn to a specific kind of horror film this one isn't it.

• Like 1

So IO2 should pass 600M on Tuesday - Day 40, 9th fastest ever to that mark. Same number of days as Avatar:WoW and three days quicker than Barbie. A:WoW will have a higher total so it will be ahead of IO2 for fastest to the mark purposes.

Barbie will likely catch and pass IO2's daily pace next Sunday or Monday because weekend 7 was Labor Day weekend for Barbie, but IO2 is likely to eventually catch and surpass its pace as it has another month of summer plus Pixar movies generally get the Labor Day expansion meaning strong late legs (from week 12 on Incredibles 2 had almost $8M more in revenue than Barbie did).

If IO2 mimics I2's run then it would end up in the mid-640's DOM.

• Like 6

Twisters Monday hold will be interesting. Would be very good omen if it can stay under 50%. All the inauspicious summer middlebrow adult comparisons dropped 60-70% their first Monday, as did Lion King '19 which was the last tentpole that released on a Friday 7/19 frame, but Barbenheimer both held under 50% last year.

Edited by AniNate
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, AniNate said:

Twisters Monday hold will be interesting. Would be very good omen if it can stay under 50%. All the inauspicious summer middlebrow adult comparisons dropped 60-70% their first Monday, as did Lion King '19 which was the last tentpole that released on a Friday 7/19 frame, but Barbenheimer both held under 50% last year.

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes' 58% seems a reasonable target to shoot for. MI: Fallout, Far from Home and Black Widow also dropped 58-60%.