Eric the Marxist

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE WEEKEND THREAD | 211 DOM, 233.1 OS, 444.1 WW | Disney does it again!

2 minutes ago, cooldude97 said:

black panther 2

I know 100% that isn’t true. It had very good post track scores. It had 93% positive and 5 stars. 85% recommend. Not far behind the first movie 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

Any A’s that was close to A-?

I mean just statistically there’s gotta be. In fact in theory, anything that wasn't closer to + is closer to -, right 👀   

Thugh you could also split the As into 3rds or 4ths and only call the top and bottom partitions respectively + adjacent/- adjacent. I don’t really want to get into which of the other 11 might have been closest to - or not since that seems more likely to cause unnecessary discourse and I also don’t trust my memory to get it right so would have to look up stats, the really really good reception is more memorable than gradations of very solid vs pretty solid or whatever 

Edited by Joyous Legion
  • Like 1

These days I mainly check the-numbers for dailies since BOM is a terrible experience, but, how does Bruce Nash run a site for 30 years and still manage such ridiculous predictions?

With the $38.5m previews, he is predicting $278m OW. I don't follow along enough anymore to know extrapolations but thought, really, 2nd highest OW of all time? 

Came here and people were hoping to hit $200m. 

I've been following the IO2 run and he would consistently predict drops in the 20s for the weekend even though Thursday week-on-week drops were already in the 40s.

• ...wtf 1

Really hope Deadpool cracks 200, and Twisters cracks 35. Is that too much to ask? Lol

Just saw D&W for a second time (unplanned, got invited by a friend last minute). Holds up pretty well on second viewing. Audience seemed to be a lot more into it.

11 minutes ago, BK007 said:

These days I mainly check the-numbers for dailies since BOM is a terrible experience, but, how does Bruce Nash run a site for 30 years and still manage such ridiculous predictions?

With the $38.5m previews, he is predicting $278m OW. I don't follow along enough anymore to know extrapolations but thought, really, 2nd highest OW of all time? 

Came here and people were hoping to hit $200m. 

I've been following the IO2 run and he would consistently predict drops in the 20s for the weekend even though Thursday week-on-week drops were already in the 40s.

I love The Numbers and I use it religiously for box office numbers (after BOM became a dumpster fire), but I do agree that when it comes to their "Weekend Predictions," it is a far cry from where it was pre-Covid. It's also the same thing when it comes to covering the entire weekend as a whole.

Especially now that the pandemic is far behind us, I don't understand why The Numbers has never gone back to their old style of box office reporting. I loved it and it felt a lot more trustworthy and proficient, but now it just kind of seems like they are still trying to run with what they used during COVID, even if it's giving them unrealistic numbers like the Deadpool and Wolverine one you just mentioned. 

8 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Venom 3? Would probably have to go sub-300 WW or something to not break even

The Sony ones might pull through with their lower budgets, The rest of the 2025 slate is flopsville.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kayumanggi said:

For now, I don't see that happening. What numbers do you see?

I think we get 2.6B for Avatar, with a significant domestic and China increase, and I'm thinking around 650-700 for Superman. 

6 minutes ago, WorkingonaName said:

The Sony ones might pull through with their lower budgets, The rest of the 2025 slate is flopsville.

I think Fantastic 4 has a chance to be a hit. So does Superman 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TalismanRing said:

If more teenage boys were able to get it in it might have been an A+

Best grades for the movie came from women under 25 at 100%…men under 25 [were worst, at] 91% grade

;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4