Eric Deetz

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE WEEKEND THREAD | 211 DOM, 233.1 OS, 444.1 WW | Disney does it again!

51 minutes ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

That Joker trailer we got this week was great, though.

Oh for sure. But we have to remember, it won't have fanrush. Also, I'm still not sold on the musical part. Don't think that will play well with the CBM crowd (18-35 male demo)

15 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

None of those things are true. People who do not like the film are doing so because they value things are filmmaking which were poorly executed or realized in the film. There are things the film does very well, namely the action sequences and the humor. However, there are things the film does very poorly, namely its threadbare story that makes almost no sense. It's simply a matter of how many more people enjoy the things the film does well compared to how many despises it for its shortcomings.

For me, the film is an A or A- because it is a massively fun time at the theater despites flaws. If you shut your brain off and just soak it in, the film is likely to be the best time you will have the movies all year.

Edited by THUNDER BIRD

8 minutes ago, Ryan C said:

Not to turn this thread into a debate about a topic that I'm sure no one wants to talk about, but I'm sure a lot of these guys that you would find on places like Twitter or even in the dark side of places like YouTube are the people who constantly take Martin Scorsese infamously saying "Marvel movies are not cinema" way too far. 

It's to a point where Scorsese has become a literal tool to use to fight against Marvel. I'll just say it, it's a huge disservice to the man.

Don't think there's any point discussing them.

I'm just curious, as i said to see the takes after the Weekend box office news.

5 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

What's the best comp for D&W to track dailies? We don't really have a like for like comparison do we?

Like for like? Nah unfortunately not. The most usable for now is Thor with some adjustments for reception, later in run FFH/AM&TW/SMH/etc may get more usable

• Like 1

Just now, Migs20242 said:

So excited to see Deadpool and Wolverine this Tuesday.

I'm seeing it again tomorrow morning! 

I'm probably gonna see this movie at least a few more times after that. It is such a blast to watch!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eric Wilson said:

I'm still on a "expect the worst" with almost every superhero movie's box office potential until I'm proven otherwise. And none of the 2025 Marvel movies are giving me much confidence. Though I will say that Superman has potential to be a huge breakout. I doubt it will reach Avatar 3, but it could get close if Gunn really captures the character and what people love about him.

i doubt Superman even makes 30% of what Avatar 3 is going to make

Edited by cooldude97
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

All Deadpool films have an A Cinemascore now.

Deadpool humor is not for everyone.

But seeing the success these movies have had..... It's for majority as compared to minority.