kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers [Aug 02 - Aug 04, 2024] | Actuals | 96.81M DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 22.80M TWISTERS | 15.45M TRAP

4 minutes ago, Mr Impossible said:

If it wasn’t for Deadpool 2 this would’ve probably dropped like less than 45% on its second weekend. Happy to see it holding well. 

yeah with a different date it likely would have made 300m domestic and 100m overseas for 400m worldwide which I think could have been considered a success but now it’s going to end up more in the 360-370m range 

4 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

I can't wait to see people on "Film Twitter" be massively upset that this movie will overtake the domestic gross of Oppenheimer. 

As irrevelant as they are (never take them seriously), I'm almost certain there will be someone on that website that will declare "cinema is dead" because the Minions made more money than a Christopher Nolan movie. 

9 hours ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

Ill do y’all one better:

Avatar 3 DOM > Superman + Jurassic World 4 + Fantastic Four combined DOM.

:Venom:

Avatar will continue to drop, especially domestically. Probably won’t reverse that trend until the last film 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ryan C said:

I can't wait to see people on "Film Twitter" be massively upset that this movie will overtake the domestic gross of Oppenheimer. 

As irrevelant as they are (never take them seriously), I'm almost certain there will be someone on that website that will declare "cinema is dead" because the Minions made more money than a Christopher Nolan movie. 

Nobody on Film Twitter will care mate.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Probably around 250M finish , much better than I anticipated for this movie.

16 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Great hold for DM4, good chance for 350M finish

12 hours ago, Ryan C said:

1. The Exorcist - $1.194B

2. The Godfather - $852M

3. Beverly Hills Cop - $725M

4. Blazing Saddles - $679M

5. National Lampoon's Animal House - $647M

6. The Passion of the Christ - $644M

7. The Rocky Horror Picture Show - $595M

8. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - $579M

9. M*A*S*H - $578M

10. Terminator 2: Judgment Day - $526M

Feel free to leave your thoughts on where you think Deadpool and Wolverine will end up, but now I am pretty confident that it will enter this Top 10 and could get as high as #5

I can’t even imagine a horror film making $1B WW in 2024. $1B DOM is just insane.