kayumanggi

Weekday Numbers [Aug 05 - Aug 08, 2024] | Wednesday | 9.87M DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 2.64M TWISTERS | 1.83M DESPICABLE ME IV

Just came back from round 4 of Deadpool & Wolverine with my mother and her bf and they laughed their asses off. Brazilian’s dubbed version is awesome actually despite me never watching dubbed versions by myself. Packed theater and that’s not usual thing because our discount day it’s on Wednesdays, not Tuesdays. Finished the night reading one of the best comics I’ve read this year, Uncanny X-Men #701, by Gail Simone and David Marquez. I kinda gave up on the X-Men comics with the end of Krakoa but this is some gold X-Men ‘97 vibes with 90s X-Men soap opera right here that hits right in the feels, beautifully written, impeccable art.

Perfect night for an X-Men fan would be an understatement.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

Just came back from round 4 of Deadpool & Wolverine with my mother and her bf and they laughed their asses off. Brazilian’s dubbed version is awesome actually despite me never watching dubbed versions by myself. Packed theater and that’s not usual thing because our discount day it’s on Wednesdays, not Tuesdays. Finished the night reading one of the best comics I’ve read this year, Uncanny X-Men #701, by Gail Simone and David Marquez. I kinda gave up on the X-Men comics with the end of Krakoa but this is some gold X-Men ‘97 vibes with 90s X-Men soap opera right here that hits right in the feels, beautifully written, impeccable art.

Perfect night for an X-Men fan would be an understatement.

Is is true that

Spoiler

Nicepool "Proposal" 4th wall break is different in Brazil. I heard that it was something like "Drink water"

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, NGGKroze said:

Is is true that

Hide contents

Nicepool "Proposal" 4th wall break is different in Brazil. I heard that it was something like "Drink water"

Spoiler

It is. Several jokes are adapted in the PT-BR dubbed version.

• Thanks 1

I'd wait on actuals, a rounding error would be the difference between matching last week's increases and falling below for Inside Out Twisters and DM4. 

Deadpool increase would be around Avengers 1 second Tuesday if it comes in around there. Maybe a bit higher depending on the actual. 

1 minute ago, kayumanggi said:

Harold is truly one of the biggest bombs of all time. 

Good news is DM4 and IO2 have basically zero competition until TOne in Sep. I can't believe studios left August so empty of family films, should have put TOne on this upcoming weekend.

21 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Harold is truly one of the biggest bombs of all time. 

Good news is DM4 and IO2 have basically zero competition until TOne in Sep. I can't believe studios left August so empty of family films, should have put TOne on this upcoming weekend.

"one of the biggest bombs of all time"

If it cost $100M, maybe, but this only cost $40M.  It's not great, but there's been much worse.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, rihrey said:

Twisters will officially pass 200m. Hopefully it has some good gas in the tank left. Still drawing capacity crowds here with its stifled theater allocation.

4 minutes ago, crazymoviekid said:

"one of the biggest bombs of all time"

If it cost $100M, maybe, but this only cost $40M.  It's not great, but there's been much worse.

MARS NEEDS MOMS with its 150M budget and 39.2M worldwide gross always comes to mind.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Yep that's extremely close to the Avengers increase at 13.2. It's been a long while since we've had an MCU movie not just be big, but a massive event, during the summer. So the increase mirroring another MCU mega team up event makes sense to me. I wonder if from here it starts mirroring Avengers more on a day to day basis or if it sticks to being kind of an in-between a mix of Avengers/Jurassic World. 

Noting that Infinity War did have a bigger increase though and that was a similar size event domestic. So if Wednesday has a smaller decrease then yeah it was just a more muted day for whatever reason.

Edited by wattage
Looked up more data and adjusted

Any movie with a budget of $40 million can't be one of the biggest bombs of all time

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, baumer said:

Any movie with a budget of $40 million can't be one of the biggest bombs of all time

Perhaps not at all time but what if it makes only 1m usd at the box office