Eric the Marxist

D23 2024 Discussion Thread | Friday, August 9 Entertainment Showcase (7:00-9:00 PM PDT) | Saturday, August 10 Experiences Showcase (7:00-8:300 PM PDT)

Colman Domingo as Norman Osborn is a welcome and exciting surprise. I would love to see him as the MCU’s Norman Osborn as well. Quite intriguing take they are going with this show, in this world Osborn is the one that finds out about Peter’s identity and try to lure him for… what, exactly? Love the art style too, they are killing me not releasing the trailer.

1 minute ago, thajdikt said:

Would be nice if they can give some sort of release date update on these shows. Some of them have been in production for 3 years now

FWIW:

Me excited for X-Men ‘97 season 2 was a given now I’m walking the ceiling and salivating for it, they are so doing this so they can make shitload of money selling official licensed X-Men jackets and I’m so here for it, and don’t even start me with Polaris and the hints that they are exploring the Morrison era and what that entails.

With that said, this show actually made me genuinely excited for Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man and Eyes of Wakanda that I kinda didn’t know what to expect, and FNSM is supposedly this year IIRC. Yeah I’d like at very least a release window but 18 months will do, don’t want them burning out their animation teams. What If… is always cool and I’m sure that that eventually will come back, it’s too cool of a premise to not eventually explore it further, it does make sense to end it before Secret Wars though. Marvel Zombies sounds fun but I’d guess that one is likely end of 2025/2026.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I would think that from Marvel’s perspective, Willem Dafoe was the MCU Norman. 

I'm pretty sure NWH strongly hints at the MCU having their own set of Osborns with Dafoe's Norman saying something along the lines of, "I went to meet my son and he's..." before trailing off. I remember thinking if he was about to say black as that discovery shook his (probably racist) ass 

Edited by Spidey Freak

20 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

I'm pretty sure NWH strongly hints at the MCU having their own set of Osborns with Dafoe's Norman saying something along the lines of, "I went to meet my son and he's..." before trailing off. I remember thinking if he was about to say black as that discovery shook his (probably racist) ass 

He specifically said Oscorp doesn’t exist in that universe, and I don’t recall him suggesting that he met an alternate version of his son. 

Anyway, Kevin Feige made it clear that they had no intention of using villains from past Spider-Man movies before they decided on the multiverse angle. Feige seems to consider actors like Willem Dafoe  and Alfred Molina to be the definitive versions of their respective characters.