AniNate

08/09 WEEKEND: DP&W 53.8, IEWU 50, Borderlands 8.6 ​💣💣💣

21 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Even if Avatar wins in gross, Zootopia 2 is easily winning in admissions. Fwiw Inside Out 2 will finish at 60M admissions which is 25% ahead of Avatar 2's 48M admissions. Avatar 1 (74M) to Avatar 2 (48M) is actually a slightly bigger drop percentage wise than The Force Awakens (90M) to The Last Jedi (59M).

Good Lord.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Had a blast with Trap. That’s definitely an absurd comedy despite the thriller undertones, i was levitating during that third act. 

Borderlands is bad but not that bad, Cate looked like a mother figure to me so it’s fine. In all serious, it wasn’t even the worst movie i saw this month (that would probably be The Exorcism).

• Like 2

On the topic of Jurassic World… I’m not sure how it doesn’t get passed at this point. Inside Out 2 is already outpacing it starting this weekend and it’ll keep its lead for the rest of its run. Looking more like 660m than 650m right now. Unless it starts collapsing 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AnthonyJPHer said:

On the topic of Jurassic World… I’m not sure how it doesn’t get passed at this point. Inside Out 2 is already outpacing it starting this weekend and it’ll keep its lead for the rest of its run. Looking more like 660m than 650m right now. Unless it starts collapsing 

Inside Out 2 is completely locked to pass Jurassic World. $665M+ final, if it weren't for DM4 it probably would've beaten Way of Water maybe even Black Panther

Edited by HummingLemon496

2 minutes ago, AnthonyJPHer said:

With literally no competition for the rest of the summer and the possible Labor Day boost that Pixar films usually get, $660M is most likely gonna happen. 

Not only that, but if it can get to at least $665M domestically and $1B internationally, then it will take down 2019's The Lion King. Both of those milestones are still very much possible if Inside Out 2 keeps dropping between 20% and 25% these next couple of weeks (I'd expect an increase on Labor Day weekend).

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ryan C said:

With literally no competition for the rest of the summer and the possible Labor Day boost that Pixar films usually get, $660M is most likely gonna happen. 

Not only that, but if it can get to at least $665M domestically and $1B internationally, then it will take down 2019's The Lion King. Both of those milestones are still very much possible if Inside Out 2 keeps dropping between 20% and 25% these next couple of weeks (I'd expect an increase on Labor Day weekend).

Yep, once it gets the lead on Jurassic (probably happening Sunday if I'm calculating right) it should maintain and widen that lead all the way to the end. Only time the lead will shrink a bit is when Jurassic has its Labor Day weekend boost which will be the week after Inside Out had its boost. Before it equalizes back out. If it keeps pace it should pass around Labor Day I think? Maybe during the week after. 

Edited by wattage

Inside out DOM: 

sat/sun should add ~3.7M for cume ~636.7M, week of ~9.7M

next week add ~7.3M for 644M

from there TS4 added ~9.6M/4.7M=2.04x, IO2 should be similar or better for another ~15M for 660ish

OS Japan is going well, now expect ~1.03B. TLK almost locked, JW looking good

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

Just now, Cooper Legion said:

Inside out DOM: 

sat/sun should add ~3.7M for cume ~636.7M, week of ~9.7M

next week add ~7.3M for 644M

from there TS4 added ~9.6M/4.7M=2.04x, IO2 should be similar or better for another ~15M for 660ish

OS Japan is going well, now expect ~1.03B. TLK almost locked, JW looking good

1) First off, it's pretty crazy how spots 8-10 on the all time list will be within like 40M of each other

2) Final-final goal should be 1.7B worldwide. Nothing significant after that

3) What about DPW?

Maybe it can get to 665m DOM and 1.05B OS for 1.715B, which would be bigger than both the Lion King and Jurassic World and make it the 8th highest grossing film of all time. Which is just insanity. 1.7B on a 200m production budget. The profit should be anywhere between 350m to 500m. I’m expecting the full profit to be 600m or more honestly considering The Lion King made 580m in profit and cost 60m more than Inside Out and Inside Out would be making slightly more 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

1) First off, it's pretty crazy how spots 8-10 on the all time list will be within like 40M of each other

2) Final-final goal should be 1.7B worldwide. Nothing significant after that

3) What about DPW?

Maybe 55 wknd for 655+720 1.375ish

• Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, Cooper Legion said:

Maybe 55 wknd for 655+720 1.375ish

If it gets anywhere near $1.3B would already be absolute bonkers. North to $1.4B is just insane. This is Marvel Studios yeah but that’s still very much so a Rated R film.

1 minute ago, HummingLemon496 said:

I just want above $653.4M.

Ending above 650 but below JW would be sooooo frustrating

Very much still a coin flip. -35 vs -45 next wknd will be huge 

14 minutes ago, Cooper Legion said:

Very much still a coin flip. -35 vs -45 next wknd will be huge 

This will be like Black Panther's 2 month long journey from 699 to 700

Also DPW DOM-OW will basically double DS2 DOM-OW, that's just embarrassing for DS2

Edited by HummingLemon496
  • Like 2
  • ...wtf 1