Bob Train

8/12-8/15 Weekdays Thread | It Ends With Us $6.2m Monday

56 minutes ago, baumer said:

With strong Friday and Saturday jumps I can see Deadpool doing around 27 million this weekend.

I agree with you. I have it pegged in the 26-27M range. About a 50% drop from last week. We are starting to get to the place where Fri and Sat increases are going to be higher, though Sunday drops are going to be more severe as well.

I'm currently thinking somewhere in the $620-640 range for its final tally, with $625-630 being the sweet spot.

It is currently $10.5M behind JW's original run (which was $652M). So if it held with JW the rest of the way it would make around $640-641, but that is extremely unlikely as it is running behind JW's pace and JW had a Labor Day Expansion that garnered it around $5-5.5M additional gross. Take that off and you are at around $635. Give it a 90% run rate against JW and you get into that 625-630 category.

It also started about $50M ahead of Barbie and by the end of this weekend that is likely to be down to about $17M with Barbie currently outgrossing it alot in dailies (Barbie outgrossed it by almost $2.6M on Thursday and has outgrossed it by over $10M on weekdays this week) it is likely to make up that difference in the next 3-4 weeks.

• Like 1