kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | 09.27 - 09.29, 2024 | Actuals | 35.79M THE WILD ROBOT | 16.22M BEETLEJUICE BEETLEJUICE | 9.16 TRANSFORMERS ONE

2 hours ago, The Wild Eric said:

Watching it as a non-fan, I honestly felt like how my parents felt whenever they watched any of the Pokemon movies my brother and I watched as kids. Like what the heck is an Energon? Who's Sentinel Prime? Why is this race happening? Who's this guy? What's even going on here?

“What the heck is an energon” 

it’s been 4 decades of this series and those answers change 4 or 5 times a decade. 

Honestly it’s probably one of the biggest problems with the franchise, cus this is just a microcosm of the shit that happens every time it reboots. Apart from names and colour schemes, nothing in the franchise is really ever consistent, and there’s an entirely new books worth of lore to learn just as soon as you’ve got to grips with the last.

At least with TMNT the time between reboots are usually like, 5 years at the least, and transformers has had 9 reboots/different major continuities in the last 5 years alone .

Strangely enough, I actually think TFOne is probably the most casual friendly an entry point the series has had in over a decade. 

Edited by CheeseWizard

2.1m for 20-years old movie is quite good. Should at least match last year's re-release sales by the end of the run. Speaking of last year's figure, why this was not officially reported like every other year? GKIDS reporting isn't consistent. 

10 (-) Howl's Moving Castle Walt Disney $2,109,935   1,592   $1,325 $7,095,145 1,008

Nearly 20 years after its release, “Howl’s Moving Castle” from the legendary Hayao Miyazaki earned over $3.2 million at the North American box office via its special presentation partnership with GKids and Fathom Events.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, filmlover said:

Everyone talking FFC when it comes to Megalopolis' failure yet no discussion about how unfortunate Adam Driver becoming the undisputed king of This Had Oscar Buzz of the 2020s is. Definitely feels like he's already hit the "gotta accept whatever semi-promising project I'm offered" era of his career, even if it means something as schlocky as 65.

I believe Driver is creating a body of work for the future. 

Since SW, he worked with Leo Carax, Ridley Scott twice, Noah Baumbach, Michael Mann, Coppola … all the movies are divisive and commercially failures to be fair, yet all of them have vocal lovers and unique ideias with some exceptional creative choices. I suspect all of his recent outputs (except 65 and Gucci) will stand the test of time.

He’s teamimg up again with Carax, Jim Jarmusch and Mann for Heat 2. He should be fine, he’s making consistently interesting movies, even if he could booked some bigger and Oscar-ish project just to keep his name in the public eye indeed.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CheeseWizard said:

soooooo do we have Monday numbers yet?

Not until tomorrow. Mondays generally only provide the final weekend figures, unless a holiday or special situation is in play.

3 hours ago, Flopped said:

Official #s: 

6) The Substance MUBI $2,057,284 -36%

I'm really happy for MUBI with this movie and I really do think that they were the only option to avoid some sort of Jennifer's Body level catastrophe and blowback with false advertising marketing campaigns. 

8 minutes ago, AniNate said:

Meanwhile ☠️

Still coping and saying it can at least do well on streaming. Let's hope it doesn't waste away on Paramount+ for too long, this needs Netflix's audience reach to have a chance for the future.

• Like 1