CJohn

Weekend estimates thread TA 103,052,274!!

Its a pain in the arse and no wonder we get so many PG13 films these days. Its cgi causing the expense, a lot of people think its cheap but its not, its expensive as hell (for top class cgi), its just easier to do than making sets and doing real stunts etc.

Should have done Hulk scenes with a real 8 foot, 1000 lb green giant. This would have knocked the budget down by 20M.
  • Like 1

Should have done Hulk scenes with a real 8 foot, 1000 lb green giant. This would have knocked the budget down by 20M.

That`s what I`m saying about ROTPOTA 2. If you cast Chuck Norris as an ape, you don`t need a mocap.
  • Like 1

Avatar is safe however this will get the 2nd largest third weekend and guess what..A huge weekend before Memorial day means what guys???a 20-25% drop for the 4-day for that weekend...

How`s Avatar safe if TA is going to cross $400 mio sometime next week and still has record or near record 3D weekedn and low drop memorial weekend to go. Sounds awfully like $700 mio range happening.

Ha ha i don't know about that. Also a bit off topic but anyone else think Hulk looked a little small in The Avengers?, i'm not a big comic reader so i don't know if he's supposed to be that small.

How`s Avatar safe if TA is going to cross $400 mio sometime next week and still has record or near record 3D weekedn and low drop memorial weekend to go. Sounds awfully like $700 mio range happening.

I believe he was referring to the 3rd weekend record of Avatar at 68M. and on you note... I do believe it is still to early to tell if this can reach Avatar at 760M

He was talking about the 68mil 3rd weekend record, besieds AVATAR is safe, this isn't hitting 760mil or anywhere near it imo.

He looked and acted badass though and that is what mattered...Nonetheless this is now on track to blast past 500 million by memorial day.TA is looking for 550+ at least now.

Edited by Lordmandeep

3rd weekend is safe.

He looked and acted badass though and that is what mattered...Nonetheless this is now on track to blast past 500 million by memorial day.TA is looking for 550+ at least now.

Im thinking the TA ends up at 590-610M when it is all said and done

If it`s gonna blast past $500 mio by Mmeorial day than $600 mio is a lock. Disney won`t it alet miss the milestone.They made Tangled cross $200 mio and that movie never had 1/32 of TA importance, prestige and merchandize power.

Edited by fishnets

600M+ is looking good.