CJohn

Weekend estimates thread TA 103,052,274!!

That's twisting the facts to apply your point of view. The Avengers became a phenomenon without sucking the life out of Star Wars, unlike a certain movie "heavily inspired" by Heat. You want to demeanor The Avengers? Fair game. Just know it works both ways. ;)

The very thing you accuse others of engaging in and now you start engaging in it. Hilarious but hypocritical.

This is almost a lock for $100M this weekend. Even if it's really off by $3-4M, Disney will sell the most delicious Puerto Rican fudge they can find in order to get it to $100M

Its 100% certain to get 100mil simply because the lowest i could see this being is 95mil and i'm sure Disney will do whatever needs to be done to get it to 100mil.

Even critics who liked Avengers say transformers is a good comparison.

When it comes to an effectively well shot and very good CGI final battle, that is a good comparison, as that is the only positive thing TF has on its side. It was even nominated for an Oscar in that aspect.

Both are light hearted

There is an enormous difference between light-hearted and plain stupid.

Both have a lot characters

As do 90% of movies nowadays, so lets compare them all to TA.

Both have humor

As I said, there is a difference between quality humor and the things in TF that tried and failed to be humor.

Both have lot destruction

Independence day also has a lot of destruction, why not compare it to it. As do a lot of other movies that exist.

Avengers does it way better.

Yeah, it has a director, a script and some pretty good actors.

What other film is good comparison.

On the top of my head - Star Wars, Star Trek 09, Independence day.

I am amazed at all of the hate at TA. Movie is very well made with very good acting plus great visuals sure story is on thin side but a movie isn't gonna have everything.

There's no reason to be. At this point, just a shi'ite faction of a certain distinct competition fanbase and some very few film snubs are hating on The Avengers. The rest of the World is along for the ride. I see this "hate" as a flattery for this movie's success more than anything else. It means they care, and care deeply. ;)

That's twisting the facts to apply your point of view. The Avengers became a phenomenon without sucking the life out of Star Wars, unlike a certain movie "heavily inspired" by Heat. You want to demeanor The Avengers? Fair game. Just know it works both ways. ;)

How I am twisting the facts?Avengers was inspired by other films you know? Yes the Dark Knight was like Heat.It is like saying Punisher (some other bad dark blockbuster) is like the dark knight.Inception is inspired by Bond: OHMSS which a lot people hate.

When it comes to an effectively well shot and very good CGI final battle, that is a good comparison, as that is the only positive thing TF has on its side. It was even nominated for an Oscar in that aspect. There is an enormous difference between light-hearted and plain stupid. As do 90% of movies nowadays, so lets compare them all to TA. As I said, there is a difference between quality humor and the things in TF that tried and failed to be humor. Independence day also has a lot of destruction, why not compare it to it. As do a lot of other movies that exist. Yeah, it has a director, a script and some pretty good actors. On the top of my head - Star Wars, Star Trek 09, Independence day.

I love you. <3

I was joking hense the smiley. No need to get all 'grammar police' as well, i have dyslexia,

I was not doing grammar police, I put it in brackets because I find the world funny used in your context. Since English is my third language, I could care less if somebody is spelling-perfect, as long as his/her post where not criticizing someone's else spelling.

There's no reason to be. At this point, just a shi'ite faction of a certain distinct competition fanbase and some very few film snubs are hating on The Avengers. The rest of the World is along for the ride. I see this "hate" as a flattery for this movie's success more than anything else. It means they care, and care deeply. ;)

A lot of TDK/Nolan fans on here like the film and have said as much numerous times. Also stop talking like the film is a 5 billion worldwide grosser or something, its a bit annoying.

It's getting alot of hate?

Yeah, seems people are being very sensitive to even minor criticisms of the movie. When I say the first 10 minutes were boring and I loved the rest of the movie, that's not me "hating" on the film. That's me giving an honest take on my experience in the theater last Friday night. I was seriously worried during the first 10 minutes. None of the characters I wanted to see were on screen and you had Loki talking to the Skeletor guy in outer space, delivering some really silly exposition that I wasn't interested in. Luckily the movie got much better after the first 10 minutes. By the time you get to the third act you have a lot of great dialogue, tons of great humor, and some absolutely stunning Hulk scenes.

I was not doing grammar police, I put it in brackets because I find the world funny used in your context. Since English is my third language, I could care less if somebody is spelling-perfect, as long as his/her post where not criticizing someone's else spelling.

Sorry my mistake and i take it back, its just that i post on a lot of forums and see it all the time where someone posts something that someone else doesn't like and then they retaliate by criticising their spelling/grammar, its so small time.

Yeah, seems people are being very sensitive to even minor criticisms of the movie. When I say the first 10 minutes were boring and I loved the rest of the movie, that's not me "hating" on the film. That's me giving an honest take on my experience in the theater last Friday night. I was seriously worried during the first 10 minutes. None of the characters I wanted to see were on screen and you had Loki talking to the Skeletor guy in outer space, delivering some really silly exposition that I wasn't interested in. Luckily the movie got much better after the first 10 minutes. By the time you get to the third act you have a lot of great dialogue, tons of great humor, and some absolutely stunning Hulk scenes.

I wasn't talking about you plus everybody has a right to like or dislike a movie. Its just when people say a movie didn't deserve its gross is utter BS.

I wasn't talking about you plus everybody has a right to like or dislike a movie. Its just when people say a movie didn't deserve its gross is utter BS.

I hope it wasn't me then Druv as i said it definately does deserve its gross which it does.

People overreact everything. TA is a fun film, but nothing more. It's not even a great movie. It has a plot which is as stupid as any TF films and has the same silly third act. These are facts. It's still an entertaining ride, with lot of pleasant, popcorn blockbuster moments. Just don't put it on a pedestal it doesn't even try to be. The comparison between TA and TF is valid. TA is ain't Superman 2, Spidey 2 or XMFC.

Edited by The Dark Alfred

How I am twisting the facts?Avengers was inspired by other films you know? Yes the Dark Knight was like Heat.It is like saying Punisher (some other bad dark blockbuster) is like the dark knight.Inception is inspired by Bond: OHMSS which a lot people hate.

Of course The Avengers was inspired by other movies. But trying to talk down The Avengers with your silly Transformers comparisons won't make them related, you are aware of that, right?And it's a good thing you brought Punisher up, comparing The Avengers with Transformers is the very same thing of comparing TDK with Dolph Lundgren's movie. In both movies the hero is being hunted by the police if I am remembering correctly. Now I can totaly see it, TDK's edgy "realism" was totally inspired by Lundgren's Punisher. Thank you for making me notice that. :o

ummmso the past 10 pages were a waste...um its heading for a min 40 million Saturday...However I disagree that TA is not as good as past comic book films.The story may have lacked but the entertaining value was well above almost all past comic book films.

Edited by Lordmandeep

When it comes to an effectively well shot and very good CGI final battle, that is a good comparison, as that is the only positive thing TF has on its side. It was even nominated for an Oscar in that aspect.There is an enormous difference between light-hearted and plain stupid.As do 90% of movies nowadays, so lets compare them all to TA.As I said, there is a difference between quality humor and the things in TF that tried and failed to be humor.Independence day also has a lot of destruction, why not compare it to it. As do a lot of other movies that exist.Yeah, it has a director, a script and some pretty good actors.On the top of my head - Star Wars, Star Trek 09, Independence day.

I am not hating Avengers as I said Avengers is far better than transformers.Those films are not a good comparison.Transformers characterMegatronOptimus PrimeBubblebeeIron HideSamgirlfriendStarscreamAgent SimmonsStar Wars is not a good comparison since it does have all the humor into as Avengers nor is it assemble cast.Transformers tired with humor and be light-hearted but failed. Transformers tired to do good with character but failed.What wrong with comparing a good movie with a bad movie that are similar.

Movies will make what they'll make. Just have to go with the flow on that one instead of trying to understand it all. Why did the Wizard of Oz flop while stuff like Transformers makes a lot of money? These are the mysteries of our culture. If I had my way, Mask of the Phantasm and Batman Begins would have made more money than TDK but that's not the way it worked out.
  • Like 1

Sorry my mistake and i take it back, its just that i post on a lot of forums and see it all the time where someone posts something that someone else doesn't like and then they retaliate by criticising their spelling/grammar, its so small time.

No problem. I see it a lot in forums so I understand where you're coming from. I hate that (not liking some point made, so lets criticize the spelling of the post). It's just so idiotic and puny. :angry: