Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

'Frozen' will likely move ahead of 'Iron Man 3' on all-time worldwide chart by next weekend: http://t.co/Q6s2Su9Ti5

— Box Office Mojo (@boxofficemojo) May 18, 2014

lol at Ray finally joining the party. Man, he really is a moron.  :lol:

We should be expecting him to tweet any time now about receiving a threatening email that guaranteed Frozen will surpass $300M in Japan.  :P

• Like 2

Japan still hasn't cooled on FROZEN--it was #1 for the 10th consecutive weekend, increasing +8%, $179.6M total.

As with every week, it looks underestimated again. I believe it was 174m after Friday, so with a 7.6m weekend it should be 181.6m, 2m off. I swear, it has been 1.5-3m off every week. They seem to correct the previous weekend when the new numbers come out, then underestimate the new numbers. :rolleyes:

'Frozen' will likely move ahead of 'Iron Man 3' on all-time worldwide chart by next weekend: http://t.co/Q6s2Su9Ti5

— Box Office Mojo (@boxofficemojo) 

May 18, 2014

lol at Ray finally joining the party. Man, he really is a moron.

We should be expecting him to tweet any time now about receiving a threatening email that guaranteed Frozen will surpass $300M in Japan.  :P

I'll write him next week. Will blast him about the currency debacle. [mod edit]

I got inspired to write him finally

Ray. Do you look at the data or just write about it. Frozen hit its last milestone? Far from it. its a lock to pass Iron Man 3 for number 5 world wide. look at the data below. if it doesn't come in over 200 million in japan, I'll fly out to LA and blow you. you need to rewrite that little statement.

Thx

Ray subers wrote me back. He sounds like some of the posts in this forum. Lol

My email..

Ray. Do you look at the data or just write about it. Frozen hit its last milestone? Far from it. its a lock to pass Iron Man 3 for number 5 world wide. look at the data below. if it doesn't come in over 200 million in japan, I'll fly out to LA and blow you. you need to rewrite that little statement.

Thx

His reply

LIKELY it's final milestone. 

The data below is all speculation. Guaranteeing another $100m is absurd. 

Please make sure to send me an apology when it doesn't hit $200 (and no, I don't owe you an apology if the opposite happens, because I'm not the one who decided to send such a bizarre and vaguely threatening email).

My reply..

Threatening? I was kidding. I work on wall st. We kid that way.Havent you seen "wolf of wall st" jesus relax.

5 weekends holding above opening werkend in a virtual straight line with a 10 day holiday coming? There isnt a drop in sight yet. 200 million is a guarantee because it is obvious it going to do at least 230m. Maybe 300. At 300 you do owe me an apology.

Your missing the point. You said "likely reached its last milestone", lock or not, someone who is in the BO business should know that IM3 going down is likely if not at least possible, and your statement basically says its out of the question.

How is offering a blow job threatening if Im wrong, your the one receiving, you can say no. I thought it was a kind gesture for my intrusion upon your sunday afternoon should I be wrong. Im not gay, giving felatio is not my thing, there for, I most certainly wont be wrong.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Ray Subers ‏@raysubers  20분

Box office nerds: How high do you think FROZEN is going to go in Japan? I just got a vaguely threatening e-mail that guaranteed $200m+...

:rofl:

Funny looking back.

Edited by Telemachos

Corpse

Weekend Estimates [05/17-18]

01 (01) ¥788 million ($7.7 million), +07%, Frozen (Disney) Week 10
02 (02) ¥201 million ($2.0 million), -22%, Thermae Romae II (Toho) Week 4
03 (--) ¥151 million ($1.5 million), 0, Mobile Suit Gundam UC: Episode 7 - Over the Rainbow (Shochiku) DEBUT
04 (03) ¥125 million ($1.2 million), -31%, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Sony) Week 4
05 (04) ¥119 million ($1.1 million), -30%, Detective Conan: The Sniper from Another Dimension (Toho) Week 5
06 (--) ¥117 million ($1.1 million), 0, Ushijima the Loan Shark 2 (Toho) DEBUT
07 (05) ¥78 million ($770,000), -28%, Partners the Movie 3 (Toei) Week 4
08 (06) ¥73 million ($720,000), -32%, Wood Job! (Toho) Week 2
09 (07) ¥55 million ($540,000), -39%, Crayon Shin-chan: Serious Battle! Robot Dad Strikes (Toho) Week 5
10 (08) ¥50 million ($490,000), -31%, Enchanted Kingdom 3D (Toho-Towa) Week 3
-¥48 million ($470,000), -29%, My Little Nightmare (Toho) Week 3

>There's nothing left to describe or to compare Frozen to. Even after Spring Break and Golden Week, it refuses to slow down and continues to post figures as high as when it first opened back in March. It has truly reached unprecedented territory now and we're just along for the ride. Its total should be around ¥18.5 billion ($181/182 million) and 14.6 million admissions after 10 weeks with a lot more to come.

>Ushijima the Loan Shark 2 enjoyed a healthy increase over its predecessor. It'll have no problems outgrossing it by the end of the month, too.

>And that's crazy if the estimate for Mobile Suit Gundam UC is accurate. It's only playing on 35 screens, so that'd be a 2-day psa of ¥4.31 million ($42,400).

Dude! No. Not cool. Just, let it go, man.

He reduces cums from one week to the next for OS and insists he is accurate. Blocks tweeters if they suggest inaccuracy. How can I not fuck with this prima donna. He deserves it and its a lot of fun. Where's your sense of humor. Edited by T E Lawrence

Projected Range275m Great certainty- 12x this weekend is the floor315m Likely- 18x this weekend. My gut here- :locked: HP7.2 #4WW beat350m Possible- 24x this weekend401m Dom- 30x this weekend. Within the realm of "anything is f-ing possible", like IM3 going down once was and now is foregone. :) Can't put a ceiling on this rocket, back above OW means zero drop so far and that indicates infinity :P.

I think, 275 million is too big. How you counted it?

He reduces cums from one week to the next for OS and insists he is accurate. Blocks tweeters if they suggest inaccuracy. How can I not fuck with this prima donna. He deserves it and its a lot of fun.

No, you're just making yourself look like an ass. It doesn't matter what he's right or wrong about.

Look, here's a flowchart, if you're confused:

Posted Image

There are no exceptions.

• Like 3

No, you're just making yourself look like an ass. It doesn't matter what he's right or wrong about.

Look, here's a flowchart, if you're confused:

Posted Image

There are no exceptions.

I was joking about threatening him with sodomy for the forum and the first time wasn't a threat as it was an example of my conviction on frozens performance [mod edit]. WTF. Did you not notice the quotation marks.

[mod edit]

Edited by Telemachos

I think, 275 million is too big. How you counted it?

12 weekend multipier from this weekend.

its already at a 24 OW multiplier. With help from summer, 12x going forward is a slam dunk.

MOD EDIT

Edited by Water Bottle
Removed attack and e-mail to private person

I was joking about threatening him with sodomy, although he mite be into that.. WTF. Did you not notice the quotation marks.You're very sensitive about this, were you an alter boy? :o

It has nothing to do with being sensitive. You have a tendency to make jokes of this sort and it does not look good. Subers has already asked you to not contact him, and your insistence to continue to do so is not poking fun, it is harassment. By association, you are part of this forum and your actions make all of us look bad.

If you honestly can't understand why jokes of sexual violence (or anything similar, like the one you just fucking made) are a problem, go educate yourself on rape culture and why it is a huge problem. Here's a starting point: http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/14517-the-rape-culture-of-online-geek-oriented-male-dominated-forums/

I'm sure you're not so completely uncreative that you can't come up with a better way to make your points than to regurgitate tired jokes from lowbrow morons.

• Like 7

It has nothing to do with being sensitive. You have a tendency to make jokes of this sort and it does not look good. Subers has already asked you to not contact him, and your insistence to continue to do so is not poking fun, it is harassment. By association, you are part of this forum and your actions make all of us look bad.

If you honestly can't understand why jokes of sexual violence (or anything similar, like the one you just fucking made) are a problem, go educate yourself on rape culture and why it is a huge problem. Here's a starting point: http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/14517-the-rape-culture-of-online-geek-oriented-male-dominated-forums/

I'm sure you're not so completely uncreative that you can't come up with a better way to make your points than to regurgitate tired jokes from lowbrow morons.

I have to agree with everything on this post. Joke or not, it's just not cool. I'm sorry mfantin, you're good with numbers, and you're probably right, Subers is wrong, but I just can't stand bullies, and judging from how you enjoy harassing other people, you're obviously one of them. :)

Edited by catlover
  • Like 2

Corpse

Weekend Estimates [05/17-18]

01 (01) ¥788 million ($7.7 million), +07%, Frozen (Disney) Week 10

02 (02) ¥201 million ($2.0 million), -22%, Thermae Romae II (Toho) Week 4

03 (--) ¥151 million ($1.5 million), 0, Mobile Suit Gundam UC: Episode 7 - Over the Rainbow (Shochiku) DEBUT

04 (03) ¥125 million ($1.2 million), -31%, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Sony) Week 4

05 (04) ¥119 million ($1.1 million), -30%, Detective Conan: The Sniper from Another Dimension (Toho) Week 5

06 (--) ¥117 million ($1.1 million), 0, Ushijima the Loan Shark 2 (Toho) DEBUT

07 (05) ¥78 million ($770,000), -28%, Partners the Movie 3 (Toei) Week 4

08 (06) ¥73 million ($720,000), -32%, Wood Job! (Toho) Week 2

09 (07) ¥55 million ($540,000), -39%, Crayon Shin-chan: Serious Battle! Robot Dad Strikes (Toho) Week 5

10 (08) ¥50 million ($490,000), -31%, Enchanted Kingdom 3D (Toho-Towa) Week 3

-¥48 million ($470,000), -29%, My Little Nightmare (Toho) Week 3

>There's nothing left to describe or to compare Frozen to. Even after Spring Break and Golden Week, it refuses to slow down and continues to post figures as high as when it first opened back in March. It has truly reached unprecedented territory now and we're just along for the ride. Its total should be around ¥18.5 billion ($181/182 million) and 14.6 million admissions after 10 weeks with a lot more to come.

>Ushijima the Loan Shark 2 enjoyed a healthy increase over its predecessor. It'll have no problems outgrossing it by the end of the month, too.

>And that's crazy if the estimate for Mobile Suit Gundam UC is accurate. It's only playing on 35 screens, so that'd be a 2-day psa of ¥4.31 million ($42,400).

I guess Corpse has finally come around. No more -30% drop predictions for a while. ;)

He also uses the word "unprecedented", which I've been using since it had the record 8th weekend.

His 181-182m is also what I come up with (181.6m)

Such beautiful numbers this week, above OW yet again and still a nice clear road ahead to keep piling up these record weekends.

• Like 1

12 weekend multipier from this weekend.its already at a 24 OW multiplier. With help from summer, 12x going forward is a slam dunk.Gay Subers would think it absurd though. Ask him at rsubers@boxofficemojo.com

How do you think, Is 300mln possible for Frozen?

I don't know what to say anymore about Frozen. We're back to above OW weekend number with another increase. Just wow.

Btw, TASM2 total is reported to be $25m. So it will outgross IM3, and actually in yen it won't be that far from the first film.

It has nothing to do with being sensitive. You have a tendency to make jokes of this sort and it does not look good. Subers has already asked you to not contact him, and your insistence to continue to do so is not poking fun, it is harassment. By association, you are part of this forum and your actions make all of us look bad. If you honestly can't understand why jokes of sexual violence (or anything similar, like the one you just fucking made) are a problem, go educate yourself on rape culture and why it is a huge problem. Here's a starting point: http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/14517-the-rape-culture-of-online-geek-oriented-male-dominated-forums/ I'm sure you're not so completely uncreative that you can't come up with a better way to make your points than to regurgitate tired jokes from lowbrow morons.

I dont know where you come from but, I grew up in a tough blue collar community, was in the military and now in the financial district all very dog eat dog places, which is the way of the world since the beginning of time btw, ball breaking(not threatening) with sexual connotations is common place. If Subers wants to publish B.S. then he can expect to get bashed or find another line of work. Holy shit.People watch and enjoy Wolf of Wall st, Game of thrones, the sopranos, etc etc, but are alarmed when someone uses that lingo in real life. Motherfucker please. Dont predict 200m, it mite fall short and ill be disappointed. Man the fuck up. A million years of hunter gathering tough men turned into panzies in one generation. Smoke, drink, and bang a whore once in a while instead of watching it on tv. Edited by T E Lawrence

I dont know where you come from but, I grew up in a tough blue collar community, was in the military and now in the financial district all very dog eat dog places, which is the way of the world since the beginning of time btw, ball breaking(not threatening) with sexual connotations is common place. If Subers wants to publish B.S. then he can expect to get bashed or find another line of work. Holy shit. Smoke, drink, and bang a whore once in a while instead of watching it on tv.People watch and enjoy Wolf of Wall st, Game of thrones, the sopranos, etc etc, but are alarmed when someone uses that lingo in real life. Motherfucker please. Dont predict 200m, it mite fall short and ill be disappointed. Man the fuck up. A million years of hunter gathering tough men turned into panzies in one generation.

Yes, it's "always" happened. That doesn't make it right.

And there's plenty incorrect about your assumptions about manhood, and the historical and anthropological normative nature of it.

Are you so weak-willed that you can't come up with a better way to say things? Is your manhood so precious you need such words and actions to defend it? Are you really suck a fucking "panzy" you can't be a better person?

• Like 2