Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

7 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Did you watch Oppenheimer?

I just have the opinion that some of the movie is callous to the Japanese people of World War II, even if it does depict some guilt and hand-wringing.

Yeah. Are you sure you did? I see absolutely nothing callous. While the bombings are obviously a part of the movie and addressed, they are very much NOT the focus and what is there from the main character's perspective is very much a haunting impression.

But I guess I can understand an overall lack of interest/objection from the Japanese, sight-unseen, if they do think along similar lines.

Edited by reddevil19

3 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Oppenheimer - “I bet the Japanese didn't like it!"

The film doesn't seem to have any actual bombing per Nikkei (Japanese Diaspora). Some dialogues like above may be sensitive for some here. But, even though, I don't see potential here, it's overall recommended by Nikkei except for a few ones.

Considering how he says it and what is happening in that scene, it's ridiculous to quote the line without understanding the overall context of the scene. I guess I have my answer - there's a complete misconception as to what the movie actually is focused on and what is portrayed or how, so it doesn't appeal based on those misconceptions. 

• Like 1

an192t8.png

The Orange circle screenings are half sold out already in Shinjuku Tokyo Toho. About 12 hours until they start.

I don't know how good of a sign this is because this is probably one of the busiest cinemas in Japan but I'm encouraged.

Edited by cannastop
  • Like 1

Just now, Issac Newton said:

For AEON Cinemas, Afternoon shows are strong - 3D largely empty. Small screens are selling well like one below. Overall, PS is roughly 3x stronger than Shin Chan 3D as far as I have observed. If Friday goes well, probably be seeing a good SAT Jump ;)

For Elemental, right?

I've also observed that Elemental seems just as strong if not stronger than Shin-chan 3d in more remote areas like Shikoku or northern Tohoku.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, cannastop said:

an192t8.png

The Orange circle screenings are half sold out already in Shinjuku Tokyo Toho. About 12 hours until they start.

I don't know how good of a sign this is because this is probably one of the busiest cinemas in Japan but I'm encouraged.

Considering this is Shinjuku and on small screens...eh. But better than nothing I guess.

Not expecting anything over 500M here.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Which movie will win this weekend and any idea about rough gross. 

According to the first mimorin update friday, 9:37

Crayon Shin-chan has an early lead, head and shoulders above Kingdom 3, Transformers, and Elemental.

Shin-chan: 6986 sampled sales

Kingdom 3: 4463 sampled sales

Transformers: 4429 sampled sales

Elemental: 4096 sampled sales.

this is of course very early in the day. I personally wouldn't want to hazard a guess for any movie right now.

But all these movies are probably going to hang around the 350 million yen-500 million yen range for the three day weekend.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cannastop said:

According to the first mimorin update friday, 9:37

Crayon Shin-chan has an early lead, head and shoulders above Kingdom 3, Transformers, and Elemental.

Shin-chan: 6986 sampled sales

Kingdom 3: 4463 sampled sales

Transformers: 4429 sampled sales

Elemental: 4096 sampled sales.

this is of course very early in the day. I personally wouldn't want to hazard a guess for any movie right now.

But all these movies are probably going to hang around the 350 million yen-500 million yen range for the three day weekend.

what about MI7 and Miyazaki's new movie. 

Edit: I can see both are down hard. So the last market where I expected MI7 to have a great run is Joever. 

Edited by keysersoze123