Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

9 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I don't know if this is the frontloadedness of My Hero Academia, or the breakout of Inside Out 2, but these two movies might be very close this Sunday on the mimorin sample.

Generally speaking movies aimed at young demo would be expected to have a better sunday than saturday, so expected IMO. For breakout potential look more towards weekend #2 and Obon performance

And mha is very frontloaded yeah, this one even moreso than usual, the day to day drops seem even harsher than the previous film. Though it is ending today so it's possible it gets a bump and starts breaking out a bit over the course of the next week

• Like 2

Inside Out 2 takes over My Hero Academia on the mimorin sample:

2024/08/04 11:54更新 最新デイリー詳細速報(約20分毎更新)
順位 販売(前回比) 座席(消化率) 先週比 95分率 全日推定 映画作品タイトル名
*1 *25782(+2581) *84476(.329) ****** 43.3% *79555 インサイド・ヘッド2
*2 *25526(+1516) 129511(.299) ****** 38.9% 145537 僕のヒーローアカデミア TH

Obviously just at this point in time. MHA has more late shows so it might catch up again.

I think Inside Out 2 will have 93,000 at the end of the day, per mimorin. Which is about 260 million Yen. 570 million Yen three day weekend.
  • Like 1

On 8/2/2024 at 5:10 PM, keysersoze123 said:

Makes sense. I did not say I disliked it. But was just surprised by how big it was. But yah. This was endgame for the manga fans. Plus they do set it up well in the 1st season of the anime. While the values/emotions are there, I find Miyazaki's best at a different level. Still good to see a mature market like Japan breaking new admission records recently. You wont see that in any other mature market for sure. 

The incredible special effect of the anime give it’s boost,for example,the season 1,ep 19,last 2 ep of season 3,you can see it’s amazing visual effect on their fighting scene

Quite like why Avatar become super popular worldwide in 2009

3 hours ago, Sophia Jane said:

The incredible special effect of the anime give it’s boost,for example,the season 1,ep 19,last 2 ep of season 3,you can see it’s amazing visual effect on their fighting scene

Quite like why Avatar become super popular worldwide in 2009

Most of Ghibli movies and especially fate series have tremendous animation (sakuga) from same studio as DS. But they don't do that well. DS was special in that way . The story resonated with audience hence repeat viewings. 

I mean, ghibli movies did do "that well" (obviously not 40b but 2 of them held the all-time crown before, and the one DS beat held it for 19 years - their position at the top was well-cemented and incredible visuals certainly were part of it!), but yeah ufotable works while popular and well-regarded certainly were not super crazy until DS

In general when we talk about visual medium amazing visuals will always be a part (and sometimes a key part) of something's success, even though I think trying to imply it is the only factor at play is wrong. And that's fine. That's all part of the artistry.

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

I mean, ghibli movies did do "that well" (obviously not 40b but 2 of them held the all-time crown before, and the one DS beat held it for 19 years - their position at the top was well-cemented and incredible visuals certainly were part of it!), but yeah ufotable works while popular and well-regarded certainly were not super crazy until DS

In general when we talk about visual medium amazing visuals will always be a part (and sometimes a key part) of something's success, even though I think trying to imply it is the only factor at play is wrong. And that's fine. That's all part of the artistry.

Yeah that's why I said most of Ghibli movies. Redline had amazing animation but it was flop I believe. You have put it well. 

On 8/4/2024 at 7:43 AM, Issac Newton said:

MHA 4 Official OD

¥370M / 260K admits (+20% MHA 3 OD)

¥895M / 608.5K admits in 3-Days!

On 8/4/2024 at 8:45 AM, Issac Newton said:

Inside Out II 

Official OD inc. PV - 173,738 admits (¥200M)

¥536M / 398.8K admits WKend 

¥736M / 573K admits in 4-Days!

• Like 6

Elsewhere - DM4 - ¥2.4B / 1.9M admits &Kingdom IV - ¥5.4B / 3.65M admits

14 名探偵コナン 100万ドルの五稜星(みちしるべ) 東宝 155.7 2024/04/12

¥15.57B for Conan 2024

35 劇場版ハイキュー!! ゴミ捨て場の決戦 東宝 113.6 2024/02/16 *

¥11.36B for Haikyu!

• Like 4