Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

Guys, arguing with Kal is pointless. I thought that was obvious. Let him have his predictions.I'll just continue to be pissed at Disney for this stupid decision. :rolleyes:

You lose a lot of wars arguing with KAl... You havent learned your lesson and arguing with KAL saying  Juggernaut2 wont beat frozen badly especially in Japan and China, means your not even playing with a full deck.. So I will just strike you up to a delusional hooked on Let it go disney fan. That worships the era where disney drops the ball more than they do quality products tha rival their  glory era of the 90s with animated features.

Kal here is a true disney fan, not turned on my gimics and lack of story and overall morals. Best watch disney from davey crocket era, Mary Poppins  - the90s to see what true disney quality is all about sir. :)

I was thinking of leaving the forum and quiting 30 years of box office tracking if this dvd comes out. Takes the piss right out of it.I see I have a replacement already. He mentions suicide more than I mention sexual acts. Lol :PTopping avatar is a tall order. Especially w/o the novelty of brand spanking new 3d. ooh I mentioned another sexual act, maybe he'll mention homicide now. You go blue balls!

Hah hah I know most of Disney fans understand Cameron is in class by himself, so I will let mojo guy talk his looniness until a repeat of 1997 and 2009 happens again in Japan, Austraila, China and everywhere else. And yep hes taking it to the 4K HD , new surround 3D and sound technology, and up to 60 FPS .... Topping Avatar 1 or 2 in Japan are both tall orders.. Whats Frozen at now Lawrence the wise.. Mojo and others forget this was the film that made folks around the world and especially noted in Japan commit suicide. Who but James Cameron could make a film affecting people so deeply  with blue cat  people lol

• Like 1

You lose a lot of wars arguing with KAl... You havent learned your lesson and arguing with KAL saying  Juggernaut2 wont beat frozen badly especially in Japan and China, means your not even playing with a full deck.. So I will just strike you up to a delusional hooked on Let it go disney fan. That worships the era where disney drops the ball more than they do quality products tha rival their  glory era of the 90s with animated features.

Kal here is a true disney fan, not turned on my gimics and lack of story and overall morals. Best watch disney from davey crocket era, Mary Poppins  - the90s to see what true disney quality is all about sir. :)

Hey man, you think Avatar 2 is going do that much, that's great.  Whatever.

No need to bash Frozen to make Avatar 2 look good.

• Like 1

I'm glad you said the word fantasy not me, something must have hit home. Re-released frozen? when did this happen? 

Ok give me your data that suggests mostly kids and 20-30 year old dudes watch frozen. If you're suggesting frozen wasn't a 4 quad film then you're not living in a fantasy you're mad. 

I've already watched avatar get destroyed by frozen in Japan it was pretty easy to be honest.

If you don't have data to back your claims then at least put it forward as a suggestion and not a fact. 

The fact Frozen with 3D and some singalong re-release cant crack even 450M  domestic , or a billon OS..

Hmm maybe you need to use some logic my friend..lol

Hey man, you think Avatar 2 is going do that much, that's great.  Whatever.

No need to bash Frozen to make Avatar 2 look good.

Frozen was great , but  your a disney fan why are you ang like its the ultimate Disney film...To me that was TLK... It adjusts to nearly 700M Domestic and proably 1.7B WW without 3D or Imax.  And it was robbed in nominations to an equallly incredible film  Forrest Gump. Oscars has always been prejudiced against masterpiece animation films unfortunately.

Not bashing frozen, just saying you guys forgetting the awesome eras of not so long ago. Not to mention

which guy truly reaps the worldwind of BO wonder in Japan:P lol. Sorry if Im coming on too strong, my little sister is behind me now and is also ...feeling ...like they are praising Frozen too much on the web and it had  alot of story flaws and rode a song to get people in a theater. I will definitely be at Frozen 2 though. Im betting they will make the story a vast improvement. Also what  is your favorite Disney film?

Edited by Superman001

Hah hah I know most of Disney fans understand Cameron is in class by himself, so I will let mojo guy talk his looniness until a repeat of 1997 and 2009 happens again in Japan, Austraila, China and everywhere else. And yep hes taking it to the 4K HD , new surround 3D and sound technology, and up to 60 FPS .... Topping Avatar 1 or 2 in Japan are both tall orders.. Whats Frozen at now Lawrence the wise.. Mojo and others forget this was the film that made folks around the world and especially noted in Japan commit suicide. Who but James Cameron could make a film affecting people so deeply  with blue cat  people lol

lol. You'd fit well in my trading office. Are you a trader? You sound like one.I prefer a movie that causes spontaneous masterbation rather than suicide like mulholland drive. Love that lesbian scene w naomi. Maybe that's just me.Spice this shit up dude! I like it. Just dont get to lewd or you'll get warned.

The Lion King is great, no arguments there. But it's very archetypical. Frozen was much more refreshing and relatable. I'm not sure I'd rank Frozen above Beauty and the Beast, but success aside and objectively speaking, I like Frozen better than The Lion King. As for Aladdin, I think I personally like Aladdin more than Frozen, but I'll admit that certain aspects of the film, including the Genie's character, feel very dated now, and that Frozen may objectively be the better film.To permanently place the Big Four on an indisputable pedestal would be naive, clingy, and merely nostalgic. Believe me, I love them, too. But bars are meant to be raised, and artists strive to outdo themselves.And I like Frozen better than Harry Potter 7.2, no question. I liked those movies, too, but the way 7.1 and 7.2 were so different in tone and pacing, it made both seem incredibly unbalanced. As for Avatar, well, I never really liked it. And Avengers? As a standalone film, Frozen is the clear winner. But if you consider Avengers as the crossover sequel to Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Thor, and Captain America that it is, then sure, it's a much more satisfying experience than Frozen. When Disney makes a big budget fairy tale crossover movie (and a real fairy tale crossover movie, not some parody like Shrek), then we can compare to Avengers. Until then, apples and oranges.

• Like 1

Since this is the Japan thread:

Avatar is not the no1 movie in Japan. It is not even in the top 5 when looking at yen figures! I am not sure how you can come in here and start claiming that Avatar has been such a huge all eclipsing phenomenon in this country...

and thats all i am going to say on this topic :P

Edited by chuck0
  • Like 3

Well, I guess it only takes one delusional poster to make a thread inhospitable. You can't reason with certain people, so, for the first time ever I'll just point to the following smiley...

:trolls:

When you start ranking frozen with greatness of Disney at its best. You shouldnt call call anyone delusional. Especially Kal who has won some incredible battles and lost  some as well.. NO matter what the debates with me are fun and legendary.

;)   Your taste of calling Frozen the elite of Disney is well :sick:

lol. You'd fit well in my trading office. Are you a trader? You sound like one.I prefer a movie that causes spontaneous masterbation rather than suicide like mulholland drive. Love that lesbian scene w naomi. Maybe that's just me.Spice this shit up dude! I like it. Just dont get to lewd or you'll get warned.

Used to do some Day trading actually ..  Ineed to get back into that later on the year as I reach more of my goals.. :)

Since this is the Japan thread:

Avatar is not the no1 movie in Japan. It is not even in the top 5 when looking at yen figures! I am not sure how you can come in here and start claiming that Avatar has been such a huge all eclipsing phenomenon in this country...

and thats all i am going to say on this topic :P

Im talking as far as American epics are concerned.. Titanic and Avatar are  Juggernauts  Chuck ;)

This is looking more and more like GREED from Disney. Releasing dvd early means more money quicker, but they lose out on a higher final gross in Japan.

I hate how Frozen keeps getting screwed over by Disney. It keeps getting handicapped over and over at the boxoffice. I'm still pissed at the super early US dvd release date. :angry:

• Like 1

Used to do some Day trading actually ..  Ineed to get back into that later on the year as I reach more of my goals.. :)

I knew it, I recognize the attitude. Its been rough out there. The quants are out of control w the HFT shit. More money in overnights and playing 3 day fades on fda approval poppers. Another good trade is find any $1-2 POS listed stock that has triple volume nudging upward slightly. Again its a 3 day hold.Good luck!

This is looking more and more like GREED from Disney. Releasing dvd early means more money quicker, but they lose out on a higher final gross in Japan.

I hate how Frozen keeps getting screwed over by Disney. It keeps getting handicapped over and over at the boxoffice. I'm still pissed at the super early US dvd release date. :angry:

yeah... frozen is its own worst enemy :unsure:

Damn dude. Do some research. Avatar isn't #1. It's not #2. It's #5. It couldn't pass either of the first two Harry Potters.

02 ¥26.20 billion - Titanic (1997)03 ¥20.30 billion - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001)04 ¥19.85 billion - Frozen (2014) [73 days in release]08 ¥17.30 billion - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002)09 ¥15.60 billion - Avatar (2009) 

Edit: and even with the DVD release, Frozen is extremely likely to outgross Titanic. Avatar 2 isn't going to come close to those numbers.

Edited by DamienRoc
  • Like 1

yeah... frozen is its own worst enemy :unsure:

Everyone that worked on creating Frozen like the directors, writers and animators deserve a ton of praise.

It's the people working at Disney that did all the crappy trailers, and the big shots that decide on the early dvd release date that deserve to be beheaded. :angry:

The Lion King is great, no arguments there. But it's very archetypical. Frozen was much more refreshing and relatable. I'm not sure I'd rank Frozen above Beauty and the Beast, but success aside and objectively speaking, I like Frozen better than The Lion King. As for Aladdin, I think I personally like Aladdin more than Frozen, but I'll admit that certain aspects of the film, including the Genie's character, feel very dated now, and that Frozen may objectively be the better film.To permanently place the Big Four on an indisputable pedestal would be naive, clingy, and merely nostalgic. Believe me, I love them, too. But bars are meant to be raised, and artists strive to outdo themselves.And I like Frozen better than Harry Potter 7.2, no question. I liked those movies, too, but the way 7.1 and 7.2 were so different in tone and pacing, it made both seem incredibly unbalanced. As for Avatar, well, I never really liked it. And Avengers? As a standalone film, Frozen is the clear winner. But if you consider Avengers as the crossover sequel to Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Thor, and Captain America that it is, then sure, it's a much more satisfying experience than Frozen. When Disney makes a big budget fairy tale crossover movie (and a real fairy tale crossover movie, not some parody like Shrek), then we can compare to Avengers. Until then, apples and oranges.

Hi Ray.  Wow on liking Frozen over HP7.2.. . That one was great, definitely had that regal and nobility  and sacrifice and hero rises to the ocassion factor.. Though HP7.2 was a 9.6 out of 10.

Well you gotta admit nothing is permanent, but  Disney has never made a liveaction or animation film arguably on the same scale as TLK.. Im not saying they wont, that would be naive. So far though no one has come close. Aladdin dated.

It still grows it huge HV following every year.. Frozen  may have one song thats better than all of the Aladding song, but as an overall film..Aladdin was much more satisfying. I would have loved Aladdin and TLK to have the same TC count and advertising push in all those theaters that Frozen got :).. You would have seen the difference in attendance by those 90s projects. Even though TLK has sold over 70M units, folks still came out to make TLK one of the most  success re-releases of all time.

It may have been formulaic in structure, but it was done well...And wow at James Earl Jones as Mufasa and the brillance voice acting of Broderick ,  Whoopie, Madge Sinclair.... We dont get that kind of voice acting talent today Ray. :'(

I give Frozen a 7.8-8.5 out of 10 by the way. Definitely in the top 15 animated or live action Disney flicks for the parts that do hit the mark. :)

Robbin Willams Genie is one of most highly regarding voice performances for a character Disney or otherwise of all time.. That was a tour de force!.. :) Glad you iked it more than Frozen guy. :)

There WON'T be a Frozen rerelease in Japan. Even if there is one, all movie theater rereleases in Japan end up flopping.

Fans should stop hoping for one to make large numbers. <_<

Edited by Mojoguy

Damn dude. Do some research. Avatar isn't #1. It's not #2. It's #5. It couldn't pass either of the first two Harry Potters. Edit: and even with the DVD release, Frozen is extremely likely to outgross Titanic. Avatar 2 isn't going to come close to those numbers.

yea avatar had much lower attendance due to 3d admissions. I thought frozen would get to 26.2b by july 16 but w knowledge of impending release the bo may fade too fast. I need to call bob iger up. Anyone have his number? Edited by T E Lawrence
  • Like 1