Weekend actuals

Frozen  304,526 admissions/ 392.64M yen

Noah  200,321 / 255.03M yen

Total to date

Frozen  18,183,712 admissions/23.1048B yen

Noah  ---/334.9M yen 

Edited by Olive Maximoff
  • Like 2

So all-time #1 is totally out of question now. It probably wouldn't have gotten there even without the DVD release.What is the all-time #2 movie and its gross in yen?

after a huge GW, after 9 weeks in release and 13m admission it held flat for 3 weeks @ $13-14m. Extraordinary. It definitely had SA beat. The drops started after the ads came out for vod and dvd.Are you Ray Subers assistant? Edited by T E Lawrence

Weekend actuals

Frozen  304,526 admissions/ 392.64M yen

Total to date

Frozen  18,183,712 admissions/23.148B yen

How is this possible when:

01 (01) ¥422 million ($4.1 million), -29%, ¥23.10 billion ($226.5 million), Frozen (Disney) Week 14

TMK1- 13921 -26%650k Mon227.1m totalLabas are the field days over?

Yes, but I got an interesting report.

http://www.cinematoday.jp/page/N0063806

Last Friday, Noah defeated Frozen and this report gave the description of the daily admissions and boxoffice of two movies.

In terms of Frozen, it says " On Friday, the total admission is around 44000  and box office is around 57m Yen...

As we know, the TOHO number of last Friday was 6005

44000 / 6005 = 7.32 multiplier.....

and the average ticket price is 57m / 44000 = 1295

If this works well today, today's box office should be around 74m Yen... $ 725k ?

The drops started after the ads came out for vod and dvd.

This is a pretty ridiculous point of view. People don't goes to the cinema because in two months Dvd and Vod are released? It's absurd. Maybe after, like in North America.

Really double digit drops happened after the super sunday discount day in the first of june (with about 700K 2-days admissions in 12th weekend) and continued with 14th sunday, when world cup started,moreover not in good way, for japanese team. When the effect of this two events ended we will see another time one digit drops and a progressive loss of screens and seats until for one reason or another Frozen will end its run.

Edited by edroger

One thing funny is that Frozen's run in TOHO TCX (Toho's EXTRA LARGE SCREEN ) has ceased today.

However, tomorrow TCX once again will return to Frozen...

Probably this is because that in today's most TCX runs, less than 10 audience ......the new movies flop...

Edited by LABAS

How is this possible when: 

What do you mean? Those numbers from Corpse are estimates (both weekend and total number), and not really official. So it's simply overestimated for the weekend, thanks to bigger than expected effects from the world cup on Sunday.

What do you mean? Those numbers from Corpse are estimates (both weekend and total number), and not really official. So it's simply overestimated for the weekend, thanks to bigger than expected effects from the world cup on Sunday.

I meant the overall total went up despite the weekend being down.

;

This is a pretty ridiculous point of view. People don't goes to the cinema because in two months Dvd and Vod are released? It's absurd. Maybe after, like in North America.Really double digit drops happened after the super sunday discount day in the first of june (with about 700K 2-days admissions in 12th weekend) and continued with 14th sunday, when world cup started,moreover not in good way, for japanese team. When the effect of this two events ended we will see another time one digit drops and a progressive loss of screens and seats until for one reason or another Frozen will end its run.

You are incorrect, no need to go to an extreme and say ridiculous. Since you used absurd i will now have to call you Ray. 30 years ago you were more likely to see a movie in a theater when the vhs was a year away. Were you alive 30 years ago? How would you know the mindset. Once they tightened it up to 4 months a common thing you heard was " eh, ill probably wait a couple months to see that one at home. The attendance has increased only 10 % in 30years while the population has increased 40% in NA. It has an effect. Japan has maintained the one year buffer and their % of attendance to population has held. Just use a little common sense. Your living on a fixed salary and must watch your expenses. Your two children want to see frozen and you just saw an ad for vod coming in 1 month. Your saying its ridiculous that a parent would say we saw conan last month, I cant afford another $60 for another movie (for 3 w snacks), lets wait 4 weeks and watch it at home for $5?Case in point. A single mom friend of mine takes her daughter to the theater once in a while. when frozen was approaching a billion I saw her and asked if she saw it with Uma, that mothers and daughters globally love this movie.. She said :no, Uma wanted to see HGCF in dec, I cant afford the theater too often and I saw that itll be on vod soon. She'll have to wait a few weeks." If she thought that the dvd/vod wasn't coming for 9 months then she mite have taken her over the next few weeks. Capisce Ray?Ray, your saying that SB and GW couldnt burn off demand as the weekly remained strong after but one sunday discount day knock out the demand. PleaseYou dont have the intelligence to adjust the Wednesday multiplier by 20% to reflect the discount on your daily table and too lazy to adjust even after I pointed it out. How can you have an opinion on this matter.ridiculous, absurd and just plain stupid Ray