Biggestgeekever

4 day Actuals pg 62+; MIB3 69.25m TA 47.22m

What was a "reasonable prediction" for Avengers two months ago???

I'm measuring certain factors at play here.The Avengers: Four separate superheroes in one film, five films leading into it that were mostly well-received.The Dark Knight Rises: Concluding chapter of a trilogy with two well-received predecessors presenting a different vision of the superhero.The Amazing Spider-Man: Reboot coming off an ill-received franchise predecessor a bit too soon, thus will need to be exceptional to break out considerably that some of you suggest it will; pretty good ain't gonna cut it. Edited by Jay Beezy

What was a "reasonable prediction" for Avengers two months ago???

Some people are baking that The Amazing Spider-Man will be a reboot flop just like the only single reboot that hasn't worked so far, The Incredible Hulk. They are ignoring that Spider-Man is motherfucking Spider-Man, opening in July 3rd, one of the best dates to open a blockbuster movie in the summer, that it's a movie made for 3D, not only converted and the talented involved just has more appeal with the audience than Edward Norton, Liv Tyler and yes, I'll go there, more even than Christian Bale. Today, not the cult stranger from seven years ago.

People are playing just with two scenarios for Spider-Man: a flop or a mild success, surpassing Batman Begins by a little margin as the most successful reboot and just.. there. What they seem to forget is that The Amazing Spider-Man how much things have changed since Nolan rebooted Batman. The general audience interest on superhero movies is on an all time high, the trailers got people talking and most of all, generated buzz. Buzz for a movie with two very popular newcomer actors featuring on a movie that can be considered at least as much as popular as Batman. Yes, this will only make more grossing at the box office if TDKR is a failure of a Batman & Robin & Taylor Kitsch proportions at the DOM box office, but that doesn't take from Spider-Man how much of a popular character he is.

Do you want to laugh more at me? $400m isn't the high end for me when it comes to what this movie can make domestically. $550m is. The conditions for a reboot right now are just better than the ones that Nolan inherited back in 2005, and do you wanna know what's funny?

The general audience won't be surprised when The Amazing Spider-Man becomes an astounding success. They link Spider-Man with a huge success, and for them this will be something that they could expect. But it won't be for the most of you. My scenario is that this will become the first reboot to break $400m, going further than any other. And do you know what's more funny than the general audience thinking this is expected, going for this film like crazy? Some of you'll eat crow and accept defeat, others will curse this movie and hope to the box office to fail just like you're doing for TA. And it'll be an waste of energy. A waste that I'll be here to watch. Again. :)

Some people are baking that The Amazing Spider-Man will be a reboot flop just like the only single reboot that hasn't worked so far, The Incredible Hulk. They are ignoring that Spider-Man is motherfucking Spider-Man, opening in July 3rd, one of the best dates to open a blockbuster movie in the summer, that it's a movie made for 3D, not only converted and the talented involved just has more appeal with the audience than Edward Norton, Liv Tyler and yes, I'll go there, more even than Christian Bale. Today, not the cult stranger from seven years ago.

People are playing just with two scenarios for Spider-Man: a flop or a mild success, surpassing Batman Begins by a little margin as the most successful reboot and just.. there. What they seem to forget is that The Amazing Spider-Man how much things have changed since Nolan rebooted Batman. The general audience interest on superhero movies is on an all time high, the trailers got people talking and most of all, generated buzz. Buzz for a movie with two very popular newcomer actors featuring on a movie that can be considered at least as much as popular as Batman. Yes, this will only make more grossing at the box office if TDKR is a failure of a Batman & Robin & Taylor Kitsch proportions at the DOM box office, but that doesn't take from Spider-Man how much of a popular character he is.

Do you want to laugh more at me? $400m isn't the high end for me when it comes to what this movie can make domestically. $550m is. The conditions for a reboot right now are just better than the ones that Nolan inherited back in 2005, and do you wanna know what's funny?

The general audience won't be surprised when The Amazing Spider-Man becomes an astounding success. They link Spider-Man with a huge success, and for them this will be something that they could expect. But it won't be for the most of you. My scenario is that this will become the first reboot to break $400m, going further than any other. And do you know what's more funny than the general audience thinking this is expected, going for this film like crazy? Some of you'll eat crow and accept defeat, others will curse this movie and hope to the box office to fail just like you're doing for TA. And it'll be an waste of energy. A waste that I'll be here to watch. Again. :)

With TDKR opening soon after 400M is realistically not an option but 300M is.

People always cream their pants over big PTA's for limited release.... it's really not shocking.... They are put in theaters where indie movies do big business anyway. Let's see how it expands.

MoonriseTotally true, its playing in two cinemas each in NY & LA so anyone wanting to currently see has to go to one of those vs if it took say the same money from more cinemas in either city.The only thing to its credit is that for a limited release of 4 theatres its has the highest average ever, so some may cream their pants over that fact.
  • Like 1

With TDKR opening soon after 400M is realistically not an option but 300M is.

I wouldn't be convinced of that. TASM and TDKR will literally be neighbors at the movie theaters, TASM won't stop existing after TDKR release and it'll have 3D all for itself. TASM can get to $300m+ BEFORE the release of TDKR and it won't fall from the face of the Earth after that. Girls, families and kids will lead the way. The geeks as usual will be there as usual, because unlike the more extremists here, most of them think like me. TASM will do mighty fine at box office. And you all can call me out on that later. Edited by iJackSparrow

I wouldn't be convinced of that. TASM and TDKR will literally be neighbors at the movie theaters, TASM won't stop existing after TDKR release and it'll have 3D all for itself. TASM can get to $300m+ BEFORE the release of TDKR and it won't fall from the face of the Earth after that. Girls, families and kids will lead the way. The geeks as usual will be there as usual, because unlike the more extremists here, most of them think like me. TASM will do mighty fine at box office. And you all can call me out on that later.

Only reason I am against TASM is that I want Marvel to get his rights back so we could eventually see SM crossover with other properties. If it makes 400M than no shot in my lifetime that Marvel gets him back. Edited by druv10
  • Like 1

Only reason I am against TASM is that I want Marvel to get his rights back so we could eventually see SM crossover with other properties. If it makes 400M than no shot in my lifetime than Marvel gets him back.

It may be closer than you think. Regardless of how much money TASM makes, Sony is screwed. They can't keep a studio with just one blockbuster. The best solution would be Disney buying Columbia. And that can happen regardless how well TASM goes.Actually, pay attention to one thing, and pay attention well: Marvel and Disney will NEVER get the rights back from Sony without buying the whole package. And that can happen with or without TASM making bank, and you need to remember that the deal of Marvel with Sony is quite good for them, they'll make cash out of TASM too.I honestly think that Sony and Marvel would let that interview get clearance if there isn't even a single chance of happening.

It may be closer than you think. Regardless of how much money TASM makes, Sony is screwed. They can't keep a studio with just one blockbuster. The best solution would be Disney buying Columbia. And that can happen regardless how well TASM goes.Actually, pay attention to one thing, and pay attention well: Marvel and Disney will NEVER get the rights back from Sony without buying the whole package. And that can happen with or without TASM making bank, and you need to remember that the deal of Marvel with Sony is quite good for them, they'll make cash out of TASM too.I honestly think that Sony and Marvel would let that interview get clearance if there isn't even a single chance of happening.

Thanks. What are chances Sony's movie division going under.

Thanks. What are chances Sony's movie division going under.

Think about what Sony has to make bank besides Spidey. There are rumors of Sony going bankrupt frmyears, they got stronger this estear when a magazine that is always on the money about this predicted that could happen soon. To avoid that, selling one of their less profitable arms could be wise.

Baumer's Summer Game 2010 winner :D

Joking, but I'm talking about how much you underplayed TA. I'm out to drink some beer with friends, mates. See you later.

Who predicted Avengers might hit 600 m domestic and 1.5 billion worldwide???and if anyone did they would've been laughed off the forums a couple of months ago.

Someone going full retard and getting lucky only happens like once every 3-5 years...ala Kal with Avatar and BKB with Avengers. The odds of that happening again a couple months later with ijacksparrow and $400m+ for TASM are slim to none, it's not happening. Edited by FTF
  • Like 5

Someone going full retard and getting lucky only happens like once every 3-5 years...ala Kal with Avatar and BKB with Avengers. The odds of that happening again a couple months later with ijacksparrow and $400m+ for TASM are slim to none, it's not happening.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: