Totem

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey OS Thread: OVER 1B WW!

If I remember well, it was at 373 on Thursday, so it would be a 91 million weekend OS.edit: I had not seen Tower's post. 106 million. So, even better

Thursday for Germany/Russia/Australia/France etc. and Wednesday for Australia/France etc. also counted towards the weekend.

$34m more than what Fake expected. So is $700m a lock or what? ;)

I had forgot to include new openers in that projection..... so more like $15m more. :)Anyway, I think that it will probably reach 675m from current markets, and China has yet to open, so 700m OS and 1B WW looks good. Edited by Fake

Yeah, you had... I mentioned Australia directly after you posted your numbers, you could have changed it. ;)

How I had arrived at 430m:Domestic:Dec 21-23 3-day weekend: 37MDec 24-30 7-day expected: 70M (following IAL and NT2 comparisons)Therefore, overseasDec 21-23 3-day weekend: ~80MUsing the same ratio,Dec 24-30 7-day expected: 151MDeduct 5M because of frontloadedness in Russia, so 284+146 = 430MBut the actuals increased by 5M, which would mean my projected score would have been 289+155 = 444M, and that is without openers. But that increase is not my fault now, is it? ;)So you see.... I am a genius! :P

And that is how I am projecting from here as well:Domestic:Dec 28-30 3-day weekend: 33MRest of the run: 75-80M (following IAL and NT2 comparisons)Dec 28-30 3-day weekend: ~91MUsing the same ratio,Rest of the run: 205-220MSo total: 464+210 = 674MAnd that is without any extra openers. :)

Yeah.... conservatively at this point (not lock)DOM: 295MOS (current markets): 650MChina: 50MTotal: 995MOptimistically:DOM: 305MOS: 700MChina: 70MTotal: 1075MAt this point, these should be the targets for TH1:DOM: 300MOS: Over ROTKWW: Over POTC4

• Like 2

Yeah.... conservatively at this point (not lock)DOM: 295MOS (current markets): 650MChina: 50MTotal: 995MOptimistically:DOM: 305MOS: 700MChina: 70MTotal: 1075MAt this point, these should be the targets for TH1:DOM: 300MOS: Over ROTKWW: Over POTC4

Very reasonable. My fanboysm clouded my judgment. From now I would be satisfied with 300/700/1,000. I just hope China do not become another Japan.