Totem

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey OS Thread: OVER 1B WW!

Friday (1/4/13) Update: The latest overseas data from WB is below. The domestic total is up to $246.3 million + $513.4 million overseas = $759.7 million.

Going into the weekend, THE HOBBIT has crossed the $500m milestone!

Thursday grossed an estimated $14.5m in 65 markets, bringing the cumulative total to $513.4m. We will issue an update on Sunday.

Top Market Cumes (through NZ):

Germany - $66.8m

UK- $65.8m

France - $36.3m

Russia - $32.7m

Australia - $25.1m

Spain - $24.4m

Korea - $20.9m

Italy - $19.9m

Sweden - $16.7m

Mexico - $16.4m

Brazil - $14.6m

Japan - $13.9m

Holland - $11.2m

Denmark - $10.4m

Norway - $9.9m

Switzerland - $8.2m

New Zealand - $7.2m

http://www.boxoffice.com/latest-news/2012-12-14-the-hobbit-an-unexpected-journey-bags-13-million-at-midnight

• Like 1

Friday (1/4/13) Update: The latest overseas data from WB is below. The domestic total is up to $246.3 million + $513.4 million overseas = $759.7 million.

Going into the weekend, THE HOBBIT has crossed the $500m milestone!

Thursday grossed an estimated $14.5m in 65 markets, bringing the cumulative total to $513.4m. We will issue an update on Sunday.

Top Market Cumes (through NZ):

Germany - $66.8m

UK- $65.8m

France - $36.3m

Russia - $32.7m

Australia - $25.1m

Spain - $24.4m

Korea - $20.9m

Italy - $19.9m

Sweden - $16.7m

Mexico - $16.4m

Brazil - $14.6m

Japan - $13.9m

Holland - $11.2m

Denmark - $10.4m

Norway - $9.9m

Switzerland - $8.2m

New Zealand - $7.2m

http://www.boxoffice...ion-at-midnight

i just dont understand that Japan gross. How could it flop like that over there.

i just dont understand that Japan gross. How could it flop like that over there.

Japanese performance is, by far, the most shocking and disappointing. And that, having into account that big franchises had not dropped lately. In fact, some had even increased.

Japanese performance is, by far, the most shocking and disappointing. And that, having into account that big franchises had not dropped lately. In fact, some had even increased.

Well.... It opened against One Piece Z which was an highly anticipated adaptation of the best selling manga of all time in Japan and I heard the reviews were good but not great

Well.... It opened against One Piece Z which was an highly anticipated adaptation of the best selling manga of all time in Japan and I heard the reviews were good but not great

I can assume it has had a hard competition, but even with that, given that Japan is probably the country with better legs in the world, its gross should have been considerably better. What will be the drop in admissions from FOTR, maybe 70? 80%? That is insane.