Totem

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey OS Thread: OVER 1B WW!

No. OST was boring, and I saw it just one time. Hobbit is a pure entertainment, I'll see it many times. Hobbit is Hobbit. Incomparable.

I`d actually like a reasonable non-fanboy explanation why anyone would see TH many times. I`ve seen it and it really isn`t a bad movie but for me it`s a poster for "see once at the movies, maybe catch on TV someday" movie. It doesn`t have emotional connection, it has only one memorable scene (Riddles) while lacking in excitement (that fizzles as soon as they repeat Gandalf Ex Machina twice and when dwarves survive second fall without scratch). So I`m really curious what drives repeat business here. Is it TPM thing (considering TPM repeat business blows this out of water) where people are so starved for particular universe they`ll see anything several times even if the quality is down? or they think the movie would improve with more viewings so they watch and watch instead of admitting that it isn`t up to the snuff?I`m justs surprised that LOTR fans give this so much pass. I hate Shitto but I can objectively say that when you remove her scenes, TTT and ROTK shit all over TH. The character and cast interplay in LOTR is what TH can only dream of. As are stakes and emotional resonance.I don`t know. Enlighten me. I do listen to Misty Mountain theme (not the shitty closing credits song) all the time so that`s a redeeming factor for sure. It`s actually too extraodinary for such an ordinary movie. Edited by fishnets

That`s a stupid reason. What I care is that none of TH movies comes anywhere close to TA and that all TH actors disappear into BBC and shampoo commercials from where they came from.

Oh indeed it's a stupid reason.But no more than yours. It's all in good fun...you rant better than anyone on this forum. Edited by kowhite

Oh indeed it's a stupid reason.

But no more than yours. It's all in good fun...you rant better than anyone on this forum.

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

OK, my reason isn`t that stupid. I`m just protecting people who have what it takes to make it against people who don`t but think arrogantly they do just because they had a chance to sleepwalk thought a big brand trilogy, and thus are poised to ruin cinema like Borlando,etc before them. I`m a on a mission to clean the movies from TV elements that don`t belong and keep it in the hands of real star material. It`s a very noble mission. If those guys are sick of TV, DtD movies will welcome them with open arms. There. Fair and square.

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:OK, my reason isn`t that stupid. I`m just protecting people who have what it takes to make it against people who don`t but think arrogantly they do just because they had a chance to sleepwalk thought a big brand trilogy, and thus are poised to ruin cinema like Borlando,etc before them. I`m a on a mission to clean the movies from TV elements that don`t belong and keep it in the hands of real star material. It`s a very noble mission. If those guys are sick of TV, DtD movies will welcome them with open arms. There. Fair and square.

Ha, ok fair enough. I don't agree...but fair enough.

The Hobbit established a new record for an opening weekend for 2012 in Poland with 547 047 admissions (130 000 better than previous 2012 record holder BD2) and 892 066 admissions since last Tuesday, when the pre-shows had started.