Totem

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey OS Thread: OVER 1B WW!

The Hobbit had good opening in Israel as well where it had the biggest OW of the year, with 900K$. Although it was inflated by a holiday (WIR was up 80%), and won't have any more holidays for months, I still expect it to eventually pass ROTK's 2.9M.

The Hobbit had good opening in Israel as well where it had the biggest OW of the year, with 900K$. Although it was inflated by a holiday (WIR was up 80%), and won't have any more holidays for months, I still expect it to eventually pass ROTK's 2.9M.

I expected Israel to be a bigger market..I know it's just 7 million inhabitants but it's a rich country, so I expected higher grosses.

I expected Israel to be a bigger market..I know it's just 7 million inhabitants but it's a rich country, so I expected higher grosses.

Well, Israel is a really leggy market, so don't look at just opening weekends. For example, this years multipliers:Ted: 12.05Mad3: 11.85IA4: 8.66Skyfall: 5.91 (and counting)The Dictator: 5.56TDKR: 5.07TASM: 4.70Taken 2: 4.37Avengers: 3.27 (It had terrible legs for Israel)But I agree that Israel should do better, the problem is that cinemas used be located inside malls, but at some point the malls decided that it isn't worth it and kicked the cinemas out. But there is a new trend of building new big megaplexes, so hopefully the market will grow in the future. Edited by Tower

Not looking good.This weekend will decide if it is heading to 800M-ish WW or 1B back on track...

Would LOVE to see it make just a bit more WW, than ROTK OS :PMUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!! Edited by Wreck-It Robertron!

"The Hobbit," meanwhile, crossed $100 million domestic after taking in a combined $15.6 million on Monday and Tuesday. In five days the New Line-MGM co-production reached a global total of $270 million, of which $170 million comes from international plexes.

Ok, here it is.

So 42M for Mon+Tue OS, nearly -70% Monday-Sun drop. Just horrible.

Projections:

It should do 55M Mon-Thu and another 70M this weekend from current markets. With AU and Russia contributing 30M, you get 100M 2nd OS wkn.

So should be at 290M+ OS (or $295M) after this Sunday.

With -45% weekly drop from here, it will end up with 495M OS excluding China.

With -40% weekly drop from here, it will end up with 535M OS excluding China.

Even adding China (50M), it will still be fighting to surpass LOTR: FOTR's unadjusted 555M OS. And same for DOM (FOTR's 313m is a fight).

BIggest disappointment of 2012.