baumer

Weekend Estimates pg 60 Mad3 60.3 Prom 50.0

Okay. I'll wait for your review. I'm glad you loved it. I won't get to see it this weekend. I thought my daughter would be gone for the weekend so we'll be seeing Mad instead. Sucks cause I was primed and ready for an adult movie this weekend.

Bummer. I'm not sure if I'm gonna try to type of a full review tonight. But my two cents are: it's totally worth seeing on the big screen; while I don't think some scenes work, some stuff is frickin' awesome; many of the frustrated reviewers seem to be either picking on minutiae which either doesn't matter in the big picture, or they rejected the basic concept and tuned out; it's completely different from any of the prior ALIEN films and I think the Scott/Lindelof way of describing it as an adventure in the Alien universe but with a touch of ALIEN DNA is far more accurate than calling it a prequel; I thoug the way it ended was great, and I'm really hoping they make a sequel because I'm invested in seeing what happens next.It's not a great film, but it's fun and entertaining, and while I wouldn't call it deep, there are kernels of interesting and meaningful stuff under the surface.Jeez, I guess this ended up being close to a review anyway. I'd probably give it a B or B+ based off my initial thoughts.
  • Like 1

Bummer. I'm not sure if I'm gonna try to type of a full review tonight. But my two cents are: it's totally worth seeing on the big screen; while I don't think some scenes work, some stuff is frickin' awesome; many of the frustrated reviewers seem to be either picking on minutiae which either doesn't matter in the big picture, or they rejected the basic concept and tuned out; it's completely different from any of the prior ALIEN films and I think the Scott/Lindelof way of describing it as an adventure in the Alien universe but with a touch of ALIEN DNA is far more accurate than calling it a prequel; I thoug the way it ended was great, and I'm really hoping they make a sequel because I'm invested in seeing what happens next.It's not a great film, but it's fun and entertaining, and while I wouldn't call it deep, there are kernels of interesting and meaningful stuff under the surface.Jeez, I guess this ended up being close to a review anyway. I'd probably give it a B or B+ based off my initial thoughts.

That's a good review. Maybe I can take a long lunch and catch it at a matinee. I've been waiting to see this movie since the first trailer.