baumer

Weekend Estimates pg 60 Mad3 60.3 Prom 50.0

While I don't think legs will be atrocious for Prometheus, I don't think it will hit a 3. My guess is 2.5-2.6.

Me too!

Besides, wouldn't that be a big shock if it would reach a 3?

What was the last R movie with an openingweekend IM that low AND getting a 3 multiplier at the end of its run?

This is exactly the kind of attitude I warned about. Expecting 70m or even 60m for a R rated sci fi horror is silly.

Yep and as I said most viewed it as an original sci fi.

I feel you, man. While it would be exaggerating to call it a flop, it's definitely a disappointment and a missed opportunity. It's a third time in the span of a year that Hollywood wastes material which I love. Horribly disheartening.

1/John Carter?

2/ ?

It would not be all that different. Thinking that Fox is in 'panic mode' over a 50M opening is ridiculous.

Indeed.I didn't mean panic for Dreamworks would = panic for Fox.But at the end of the day, i would have been happier with Prom at 1 and Mad3 at 2.

This is exactly the kind of attitude I warned about. Expecting 70m or even 60m for a R rated sci fi horror is silly.

You have no imagination. And Prom is hardly a horror.

Don't tell me that Pacific Rim doesn't excite you a little? ^_^

Oh yeah, there's that. But I need to see more to really make an opinion about it. Edited by Bitcher

Also again-Mad 3 is the ONLY family film out there. So its not that surprsing. (Plus it had some funny trailers)

In hindsight I can see the logic I just felt there was a sniff of staleness ala Shrek 3 - still legs will be interesting

Well...!- TheAvengers are not anymore in the best places of "best nth weekend" charts.- TheHungerGames over 400M. What a story. And i didn't see it... over SpiderMan?- WhatToExpect almost reaching 40M..and a 4 multiplier. Nice, right?- Marigold not dying!- Chernibyl dying!I didn't talk about Prometheus!!

• Like 1