Phil in the Blank

Unpopular movie opinions.

I don't understand why Ewan McGregor get so much work with so many talented directors.

I find him bland and boring.

This.

Never understood the fuss about him. Serviceable at best even in movies I love like Moulin Rouge, he's never the reason I enjoy those movies.

I don't understand why Ewan McGregor get so much work with so many talented directors.

I find him bland and boring.

YES. Some cinephiles I know go on and on about how he's one of the most underrated talents of our era, and I do. not. see. it. Big Fish is probably his best performance, and that's not even one of the ones that his fans point to. Moulin Rouge, Beginners, Trainspotting = competent and nothing more.

Edited by Sims

Daniel Day Lewis is hit or miss in every movie. When he hits, he's the best in the world. When he misses, he's a massive overactor.

Michael Biehn should have been one of the biggest action stars of all time.

Chris Evans will go the furthest out of all the Avengers.

Cavill was given nothing to work with in Man of Steel, but held his own nicely.

There are only 2 Terminator movies.

Reloaded and Revolutions ain't that bad.

Bale was a terrible Batman, but a good Bruce Wayne.

Space Jam is the GOAT children's movie.

The first Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is legit great and one of the best comic book movies of all time.That's all I got for now.

No, I'm just surprised becasue general agreement is that he is Superman but the script was lacking on all accounts.

I felt it was especially lacking on the main character's part. He's just standing around between the punches and doing what others tell him to do for the most part and has to make do with standing there looking sympathetic.

Pretty much. His natural charm and likable perosnality saved his ass. Unless they cast Mangiello(sp?) Batman won't get away with next-to-nothing character (and considering that they are keeping the same team that's pretty much guaranteed) becasue other candidates on WB list have ZILCH of it.

I liked Terminator 3. Yeah, it had some stupid comedic moments that delegitimized the character, and yeah, it was basically a rehash of the second one. But all in all it was an enjoyable, albeit less memorable, action movie.

And the set-piece with Arnie hanging from the crane, tops T2's truck chase.

• Like 1