Phil in the Blank

Unpopular movie opinions.

The INCREDIBLE Hulk was bad?  Uhh, there are so many things commercially wrong and casting issues with the original 'Hulk' movie.  I mean, Lee just experimented with our senses trying to make it look like a comic... and it failed miserably.

Oh no, I love TIH! But it's still the worst MCU film.

I liked TIH (& it didnt even have Mark so it's a feat :lol: )

loved the love story esp the rain moment

cheesy but oh well I'm female & love romance :P

Posted Image

well this thread is for unpopular movie opinions so

I'm pretty aware most ppl think Nolan is God

not me tho

the only film that didnt leave me cold was Prestige

Edited by Leyla

- The Avengers is just ok and I haven't felt the need to watch it since seeing it in the theater.

- Thor is my favorite Marvel movie.

- I didn't like The Departed. The ending felt a bit contrived and the pacing of it was so jarring I stopped caring.

- I can accept that Blade Runner is a very well constructed film but I just cannot get into the story no matter how many times I watch it.

- I enjoyed the Star Wars prequels.

- Shutter Island is my favorite Scorsese film.

- The only thing that made Avatar worth watching was the 3D.

Edited by red

The Descendants is overrated. Especially All this talk about Shailene Woodley worthy of an Oscar nomination. (I mean if Anna Chlumsky was never considered Oscar worthy for My Girl, I don't know why Woodley or the actress playing her lil sister would). It was a typical Indie bittersweet drama.

pretentious doesn't mean artsy, it means trying to sound profound and intelligent when you aren't saying anything at all. most mainstream movies and tv shows do this - they especially love trying to pack as many rhetorical questions and grandiose one-liners into trailers as possible to sound important and philosophical. it is perhaps more than a bit ironic that popular entertainment is more pretentious than than the snobbiest independent films.

• Like 2

-Zack Snyder is a great director

-Style and design are important to how immersive and ultimately good a movie is

-Sucker Punch denounced female oppression in genre media and not contributed to it

-Usual Suspects is a terrible movie

-Not that unpopular but has to be said, Superman Returns is bland, forgettable and as farthest from Superman as it could possibly be

-Transformers, 300 and Constantine are all pretty good blockbusters

-Avatar is so pretentious and preachy that it is impossible to rewatch

Edited by Louis Lux
  • Like 1

Forrest Gump is average, 6/10 quality.

Shutter Island is garbage

The Departed is garbage and would have fit in better at the Razzies. Any other BP nominee would have deserved it more, not to mention films like Pan's Labyrinth and Children of Men that weren't even nominated.

Donnie Darko is good until the last act, when it becomes complete nonsensical garbage.

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy is quite possibly the most boring film I've ever seen.

Crash is not a masterpiece but it's a perfectly decent film. The hate it receives has become a joke.

• Like 1