hasanahmad

Tuesday Est. Box Office Mad3 5, Prom 2.5, TMB 1.9 Snow 1.9 RoA 1.8

If only ROA hadn't employed stunt casting and a pair of duller-than-dishwater leads...

In your opinion maybe....but the leads were fantastic in my opinion and the cast was excellent. I wonder, have you seen it? If not, maybe you should before you bash it.

In your opinion maybe....but the leads were fantastic in my opinion and the cast was excellent. I wonder, have you seen it? If not, maybe you should before you bash it.

The movie did have a sense of fun and playfulness about it, but the cast butchered nearly every one of those songs, and that I cannot forgive. :P

Baumer, what do you say to the people who say ROA is just a toothless, cynical, Disneyzed cash grab that feeds on peoples mindless nostalgia?

I agree that it feeds on nostalgia. Mindless and nostalgia should never be used in the same sentence. Nostalgia is something that we should all have. It means you enjoyed yourself when you were younger. That is not mindless or pointless, but a very positive thing.There is nothing cynical in the film and what exactly is Disneyized about it?

The movie did have a sense of fun and playfulness about it, but the cast butchered nearly every one of those songs, and that I cannot forgive. :P

I didn't care if they didn't sound pitch perfect. The songs and the way they were performed is what made it fun. Pour Some Sugar on Me was like being at a rock concert.

Here's the Spill.com review. Please listen to it and comment.http://www.spill.com/Audio/AudioPost.aspx?audioId=1169

No, sorry. I won't listen to it. First of all I'm at work so I can't, second I don't care what critics say. I don't need their opinion to validate mine. :)
  • Like 2

Yea, but Alec Baldwin can't really sing and Kevin Nash definitely can't sing. But they just have fun with it. The movie epitomizes fun. It's not meant to be taken seriously. I mean the girl is on a bus at the beginning singing Sister Christian to herself and the entire bus joins in. It's not a real life situation we're talking about here....just a rollicking good time.

Kevin Nash is in this? And he's in Magic Mike too, right? Who the fuck is this guy's agent that he's getting cast in these big movies? I saw him cut a promo in WWE just last year and it was terrible, he had no emotion, completely wooden and seemed to be nervous. He was bad for WWE standards, I can't imagine how he looks next to real actors. :lol:

One of the reasons why I wont watch ROA is that I cant stand Russel Brand. He is about as funny as a burning orphanage. The Arthur remake would have been alright if they had gone with an another actor.

Kevin Nash is in this? And he's in Magic Mike too, right? Who the fuck is this guy's agent that he's getting cast in these big movies? I saw him cut a promo in WWE just last year and it was terrible, he had no emotion, completely wooden and seemed to be nervous. He was bad for WWE standards, I can't imagine how he looks next to real actors. :lol:

He's been in Hollywood since the 80's. He played the main villain in the first Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

One of the reasons why I wont watch ROA is that I cant stand Russel Brand. He is about as funny as a burning orphanage. The Arthur remake would have been alright if they had gone with an another actor.

Brand is a very small part of the film.

I agree that it feeds on nostalgia. Mindless and nostalgia should never be used in the same sentence. Nostalgia is something that we should all have. It means you enjoyed yourself when you were younger. That is not mindless or pointless, but a very positive thing.There is nothing cynical in the film and what exactly is Disneyized about it?

Gotta tell ya, when my woman and I saw three first trailer on this, we were both definitely going to see it. We knew it would be stupid, but it looked like a ton of fun. After it tanked the first weekend and about 90% of what we heard was horrible, we decided to wait until it came out on rental. (we usually don't see movies on OW for just this reason.) I'm still not convinced to see it at the theater, but at least I'm not dreading it like I was after the weekend.btw - 80s music is horrible. I do like it, a lot, and have a huge collection of it, but you gotta admit, Tchaikovsky it ain't.

BTW, I was just looking at Mamma Mia! foreign grosses and then..

Posted Image

Posted Image

I was so overjoyed when Avatar overtook this. I could stop being ashamed about my countries top grossing movie. :P

(Also I so agree about Russell Brand, can not stand him.)

Nope. 80s was a great decade of music. Probably the best.

There was some good stuff, but most of it was crap. Same goes for almost every decade. Its just that most of the crap gets forgotten. And unless this movie is using U2, REM, Jane's Addiction, Bad Religion, and the like for its songs, its highly likely that its mostly crap, too.

Film Monday Tuesday Inc/Dec
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted $4,380,845 $5,000,000 14%
Prometheus $2,547,819 $2,500,000 -2%
That's My Boy $2,002,287 $1,900,000 -5%
Snow White and the Huntsman $1,741,305 $1,900,000 9%
Rock of Ages $1,588,281 $1,800,000 13%

• Like 1