Neo

Big Hero 6 | November 7, 2014 | Now available on home video

There have been several weekends with two films that have each earned 200m. None yet where both have hit 300m or even 250m. I hope that this weekend is the first.

Out of the two, I actually think Interstellar may disappoint and not hit 250M. But that's just me getting ahead of myself. We just had TWO 400M+ movies releasing just five days apart, so two 300M movies or one 300M+ and one 250M+ movie releasing on the same day is not that much of a stretch.

Better Quality trailer:

Much better.  That version with the side by side images was just weird.  Fun whimsical trailer.  Can't wait to get more details.

This was a great scene:

Posted Image

Just needs a Sailor outfit and ...

Posted Image

But Baymax looks to have much nicer disposition. :D

Posted Image

:lol:

• Like 9

I LOVED the teaser! Made me literally LOL. I don't know anything about Big Hero 6 but I can already see there will be some kind of emotional relationship between the two of them. I also loved the music, it's The Avengers-ish.

Edited by catlover

I know Disney is riding a huge momentum wave right now, but I find it next to impossible to believe this could beat HTTYD2. Remember, people seem to love the return of the Disney princess movie with Tangled and Frozen performing so much better than all their other recent stuff. This doesn't have that going for it.

The difference between Tangled and WiR is pretty negligible, and could possibly be chalked up to released date. (For DOM, at least. WW is another matter.) Frozen's a level above those, and then some, which is part of the reason BH6 could do very well. It's the followup to a sensation, and while nobody expects it to achieve the same heights, it should receive some benefit because of the association. (Some lesser benefit may happen from the Marvel association, but only if they choose to exercise it. That doesn't seem to be the case so far.)

Beating HTTYD2 isn't likely to happen. If it does, it's probably because HTTYD2 underperformed relative to expectations rather than this doing so much better. But still, hitting somewhere between Frozen and WiR/Tangled seems likely.

• Like 4

Yeah. The US release is still November.

It looks like it'll have a much more spread out release pattern than Frozen did. Here's what's listed on IMDB so far:

USA 7 November 2014  
Argentina 4 December 2014  
Thailand 4 December 2014  
Japan 20 December 2014  
New Zealand 25 December 2014  
Australia 26 December 2014  
Brazil 2 January 2015  
Sweden 30 January 2015  
Denmark 5 February 2015  
France 11 February 2015  
Netherlands 11 February 2015  
UK 13 February 2015  

Edited by DamienRoc

That's only for the UK, right?

early release date info according to imdb:

USA 7 November 2014  
Argentina 4 December 2014  
Thailand 4 December 2014  
Japan 20 December 2014  
New Zealand 25 December 2014  
Australia 26 December 2014  
Brazil 2 January 2015  
Sweden 30 January 2015  
Denmark 5 February 2015  
France 11 February 2015  
Netherlands 11 February 2015  
UK 13 February 2015

Well it premieres the same day as Interstellar in the US, which could impact it's box office, but nobody expected Frozen to do as well as it did, so who knows?

After Frozen triumphantly survived the Hunger Games, I don't think we need to worry this time with BH6. This is Disney.