Neo

Big Hero 6 | November 7, 2014 | Now available on home video

Typed big hero 6 in twitter and it's a mess. Lots are complaining about Honey Lemon's design, some are defending it, others find it cute, lots of anticipation, while there are complaints about the lack of Marvel logo and racism and whitewashing. Good thing i don't have tumblr.

How is it whitewashed when ONLY ONE CHARACTER IS WHITE?
  • Like 2

Well, no. I love Frozen, but differentiating the character designs was one of the areas they could have improved upon. The success of the film doesn't negate that criticism.

Elsa is perfect! I wish Anna had been chubby but minor complaint. She looks nothing like Rapunzel. :P
  • Like 2

Some info from a friend who already saw the movie at a private screening. Spoilers, obviously:

The movie doesn't resemble Spy Kids. Spy Kids has much more actionBaymax is the funniest character everMovie is sweet and kindAll action in the movie is chases. 3 of them. That's it. And probably the very first action scene will be cut from the final version.There's no dragonAll movie revolves around Hiro and his robot. It's not a story of a group of superheroes who try to work together.

All characters except main two are total placeholders.

The movie is worse than HTTYD2, but still nice and very funny

If you like funny comedies about friendship - you will like this one too

• Like 1

I feel like they just dig up these characters and the nature of the comics from the Marvel vault, but the story will be different, that's why they ain't using that Marvel logo. And to anyone still hoping that Marvel logo will pop up on the marketing, you guys better give it up.

• Like 1

Some info from a friend who already saw the movie at a private screening. Spoilers, obviously:

The movie doesn't resemble Spy Kids. Spy Kids has much more actionBaymax is the funniest character everMovie is sweet and kindAll action in the movie is chases. 3 of them. That's it. And probably the very first action scene will be cut from the final version.There's no dragonAll movie revolves around Hiro and his robot. It's not a story of a group of superheroes who try to work together. All characters except main two are total placeholders. The movie is worse than HTTYD2, but still nice and very funny If you like funny comedies about friendship - you will like this one too 

And how credible is this? 'Cause I seriously doubt it.
  • Like 1

I hope it's not coz I seriously don't like what it has got to say about the non-Hiro/Baymax team members. :(

Yeah it'll be a bummer. I'm goddamn excited for all the cool action stuff and kick ass scenes.I don't know if this has been posted but Rotoscopers gave a more detailed description at some scenes previewed at Annecy

Clip 1The first scene is set in Hiro’s bedroom as Baymax tries to “heal” Hiro, feeling that he’s suffering from something (that ‘something’ we’ll get to in a little bit).Here we see Baymax serving his original function as a nurse robot. And he talks! Yes, Baymax actually has a speaking voice in the film (the voice actor has yet to be confirmed at this stage). He’s trying to figure out the ‘level’ of suffering Hiro has when he only just wants to be left alone. Baymax still attempts to console and cuddle him, only to come to the explanation that said suffering must be caused by Hiro’s puberty. It’s said to be a very humorous scene and it’s gotten a pretty solid reaction out of the audience.Clip 2The second scene is Baymax in his armor with Hiro (supposedly suited up as well) on his back as they fly around San Fransokyo. It’s said to be a stunning sequence, reminiscent of the famous ‘Test Drive’ scene from the first How To Train Your Dragon. The backgrounds are said to be beautiful, showcasing the city’s unique blend of American and Japanese cultures.Clip 3The third and final scene was a shot of Hiro in a black suit and tie at a funeral procession. Here, David confirms that Hiro’s big brother Tadashi does indeed die in the first act (something we revealed in a Big Hero 6 cast and plot video last year), which we can presume leads to the events of the first scene of Baymax trying to comfort Hiro.

http://www.rotoscopers.com/2014/06/23/disney-premieres-big-hero-6-footage-at-annecy-possible-spoilers/

• Like 2

I'm confident about the movie,Walt Disney Animation Studios rarely disappoints, particularly in the recent years -> Tangled,Ralph,Frozen, all of them were great.

Among the BH6 I particularly like Honey Lemon,don't ask me why ^^

• Like 1

I'll be interesting to see how audiences react when they first see Space suit Rapunzel use her powers. Too bad she won't be able to steal Reed Richard's stuff, and use it as part of her arsenal like in the comics. :lol:

Edited by Mojoguy

Sounds like BS.

It's hard to imagine all the fights are chases when one character has swords for hands and another spits fire.

The friend in question is an artist in a studio 1st Playable Productions, which often makes Disney tie-in games. He also worked as a game designer on Olaf's Quest. His whole team was invited to see the movie some time ago in WDAS. And I have no reason to doubt his opinion. So, chases they are. Something like Frozen's wolves chase, I imagine.

Edited by portgas
  • Like 1

The friend in question is an artist in a studio 1st Playable Productions, which often makes Disney tie-in games. He also worked as a game designer on Olaf's Quest. His whole team was invited to see the movie some time ago in WDAS. And I have no reason to doubt his opinion. So, chases they are. Something like Frozen's wolves chase, I imagine.

I have read before that the film is more about Beymax-Hiro relationship that a superhero film so I am not surprised. But I would imagine that the chases are at least fight chases.

• Like 2

I guess they are really going the HTTYD1 route with this.

Will be interesting to see WDAS take on this kind of story :)

Aren't PacRim & TF1/2/3 already a bunch of movies about boys with their gigantic...toys?

Edited by zackzack
  • Like 1

Frozen had the least threatening wolves EVER. They were more of an annoyance than dangerous. ;)