Neo

Big Hero 6 | November 7, 2014 | Now available on home video

So I watched it last night.  I'm loving the animation.  Talk about bringing a city to life.  I only wish SF actually had such a skyline.   Hiro and Baymax are definitely the emotional core of the movie but I thought the supporting characters were a bit underdeveloped.  And I was close to balling on several scenes.  This is gonna make so much money in the BO and merchandising.

And The Feast....what a short.   Head and shoulders about Get a Horse but just short of Paperman.

Very very good movie.  Liked it more than Frozen but that's probably due to my CBM bias ;)

WOM is going to be very good and expecting some strong legs.  

Based on Friday numbers its probably heading to 56-58.  But I wouldn't be surprised by a stronger than expected bump on Saturday.  I think 60 is still within range.

• Like 8

So I watched it last night.  I'm loving the animation.  Talk about bringing a city to life.  I only wish SF actually had such a skyline.   Hiro and Baymax are definitely the emotional core of the movie but I thought the supporting characters were a bit underdeveloped.  And I was close to balling on several scenes.  This is gonna make so much money in the BO and merchandising.

And The Feast....what a short.   Head and shoulders about Get a Horse but just short of Paperman.

Very very good movie.  Liked it more than Frozen but that's probably due to my CBM bias ;)

Based on Friday numbers its probably heading to 56-58.  But I wouldn't be surprised by a stronger than expected bump on Saturday.  I think 60 is still within range.

Glad you liked it? :D

And what means CBM? Cold-Blooded Murderer B) ?

The really positive reactions on here from y'all are great reads. I'm really excited about seeing SF rendered in this movie. I kind of love that SF's become the backdrop for more movies; seems like that's increased ever since I moved here.

• Like 2

Glad you liked it? :D

And what means CBM? Cold-Blooded Murderer B) ?

Comic Book Movie.  Yeah I lean towards those type of movies more so no surprise that I would like BH6 more than Frozen.  But that's not taking anything away from both movies.  

The really positive reactions on here from y'all are great reads. I'm really excited about seeing SF rendered in this movie. I kind of love that SF's become the backdrop for more movies; seems like that's increased ever since I moved here.

Yeah the San Fransokyo is beautifully rendered.  I read up on how they developed new techniques for BH6 

And the movie puts a spotlight on tech which is another plus for me.   :)

http://www.engadget.com/2014/10/18/disney-big-hero-6/

To put the enormity of this computational effort into perspective, Hendrickson says that Hyperion (lighting software) "could render Tangled from scratch every 10 days."  :mouthdropped: 
Edited by WileECoyote
  • Like 4

Comic Book Movie.  Yeah I lean towards those type of movies more so no surprise that I would like BH6 more than Frozen.  But that's not taking anything away from both movies.  

Yeah the San Fransokyo is beautifully rendered.  I read up on how they developed new techniques for BH6 

And the movie puts a spotlight on tech which is another plus for me.   :)

http://www.engadget.com/2014/10/18/disney-big-hero-6/

Ahaha of course :D

I love these movies too, and animated movies too, and mangas as well so it's the perfect mix :D

I loved Frozen and I know I'll love BH6 slightly more, Disney is incredible!

• Like 3

Great that you loved it. After thinking about it, I'll bump my grade from 8.5 to 9. Hiro and Baymax were easily the stars of the movie and that cameo at the end had all of us cheering loudly.  :D

• Like 3

Great that you loved it. After thinking about it, I'll bump my grade from 8.5 to 9. Hiro and Baymax were easily the stars of the movie and that cameo at the end had all of us cheering loudly. :D

Heh yeah I did a double take when they showed it the first time. And I read about staying to the end for a surprise

Ugly…. cried. 

Started during FEAST, and pretty much throughout BIG HERO 6. That was an awesome experience. My son's new favorite thing is Baymax; I've never seen him light up as much as when he was on screen.

And my kid wasn't the loudest child in the audience today  :ph34r:

Our theater looked about 75-80% full. All families with kids. Lots of laughs, screaming and clapping and cheering. 

I adored the movie. Think I liked it even more than LEGO. I'm going to have to get all the Baymax merch for my kid though.  :rolleyes:

The biggest thing I really liked was that none of the footage really spoiled Hiro for me; I loved that he

was kind of a con artist at the beginning of the movie and that his brother (

:wub:  ) wanted to keep him out of trouble.

. Loved how each character got a chance to shine too. But Baymax and Hiro stole our hearts, totally. My husband even loved it… though a lot of that was how much our son loved the movie. 

I walked out of the theater thinking it had the cleverness of WRECK-IT RALPH and the heart of FROZEN (actually, probably even more heart as I cried buckets during the second half.

• Like 12

Ugly…. cried. 

Started during FEAST, and pretty much throughout BIG HERO 6. That was an awesome experience. My son's new favorite thing is Baymax; I've never seen him light up as much as when he was on screen.

And my kid wasn't the loudest child in the audience today  :ph34r:

Our theater looked about 75-80% full. All families with kids. Lots of laughs, screaming and clapping and cheering. 

I adored the movie. Think I liked it even more than LEGO. I'm going to have to get all the Baymax merch for my kid though.  :rolleyes:

The biggest thing I really liked was that none of the footage really spoiled Hiro for me; I loved that he

was kind of a con artist at the beginning of the movie and that his brother (

:wub:  ) wanted to keep him out of trouble.

. Loved how each character got a chance to shine too. But Baymax and Hiro stole our hearts, totally. My husband even loved it… though a lot of that was how much our son loved the movie. 

I walked out of the theater thinking it had the cleverness of WRECK-IT RALPH and the heart of FROZEN (actually, probably even more heart as I cried buckets during the second half.

It's so nice to read such a post B)