Neo

Big Hero 6 | November 7, 2014 | Now available on home video

I think MOANA comes out in 2016?

I could be wrong I think moana doesn't come out till 2018.

There's also B.o.o coming out for dream works next year and you got peanuts in November.

Anyway saw this for the 2nd time tonight and I just gotta saw I really have liked what disney has done ever since bolt came out and I'm talking non Pixar animated films here.

The crowd was a lot bigger than when I saw it the 1st time and the crowd really enjoys it. I hope this does well so maybe we get a big hero 6 2.

• Like 1

He already is.

I admit to swooning a bit when he was onscreen. Daniel Henney did a  great job voicing him. 

Yeeeah, when I saw him I was thinking he'd probably be popular among the ladies :D

• Like 2

Great movie. Really loving the Lilo and Stitch comparisons being made. Though it personally reminded me more of Meet the Robinsons (the most underrated gem in WDAS history). Loved Hiro's emotional arc and how the villain and he were mirror images of each other.

My sole problem is this should really be titled "Baymax". The Japanese are way more honest in their marketing. Coz let's face it, this movie is not about the Big Hero 6 team at all (though they are essential support systems for Hiro's healing journey). It is all about Hiro's relationship with his brother, perfectly represented in the form of Baymax (just as Olaf was the physical representation of Anna and Elsa's relationship in Frozen, though Baymax was more crucial to BH6 than Olaf was to Frozen).

I don't get why some people seem to think there wasn't any emotional arc in this movie... I really think Hiro's growth and feelings were handled very well!  He actually felt like a believable kid to me and not just a 'kid character'...if you know what I mean?  The last character I really felt that way about was Lilo. (I don't count some characters because their appearances as children were limited)

Great post. You should really watch Avatar: The Last Airbender (the animated series, not the soulless Shyamalan dreck of an "adaptation") if you haven't already. The children and teenagers on that show have the most amazing character and emotional arcs throughout the three seasons (best I've ever seen in animation). 

• Like 12

Great movie. Really loving the Lilo and Stitch comparisons being made. Though it personally reminded me more of Meet the Robinsons (the most underrated gem in WDAS history). Loved Hiro's emotional arc and how the villain and he were mirror images of each other.

My sole problem is this should really be titled "Baymax". The Japanese are way more honest in their marketing. Coz let's face it, this movie is not about the Big Hero 6 team at all (though they are essential support systems for Hiro's healing journey). It is all about Hiro's relationship with his brother, perfectly represented in the form of Baymax (just as Olaf was the physical representation of Anna and Elsa's relationship in Frozen, though Baymax was more crucial to BH6 than Olaf was to Frozen).

Great post. You should really watch Avatar: The Last Airbender (the animated series, not the soulless Shyamalan dreck of an "adaptation") if you haven't already. The children and teenagers on that show have the most amazing character and emotional arcs throughout the three seasons (best I've ever seen in animation). 

I love ATLA.  I used to run events on one of the ATLA forums.  I thoroughly enjoy that series!

And I agree, the title of Big Hero 6 felt a bit shoehorned in at the end.  There was never really any discussion on why they even chose that name.  I was actually very glad that the characters never said it out loud during the movie.

• Like 3

Yup, right here. The movie struggles to make the emotional arc and the superhero team arc function as one, but the latter comes in as an afterthought and that very ending bit is like, "Oh right they're a superhero team. I forgot." It's a good movie and does what it needs to do well, but for this sole reason it ended up coming a bit short for me. If the movie has a sequel that's more focused on the team, okay then all is forgiven. Otherwise the movie comes off a tad stilted. 

"The Lego Movie", however, keeps its focus super-tight throughout the entire movie and rarely ever strays. Thus I think that's the better movie. And I'm confused, do we just have a bunch of Disney nuts in this thread or has the forum's general opinion over Lego changed in the past 10 months?

• Like 3

I do feel that the LEGO MOVIE (and I watch that shit a lot) is still extremely clever and hilarious. But I found the overall emotional journey of BIG HERO 6 far more satisfying to me. That's really it, in a nutshell. 

The little foibles of BH6 (the name thing, the predictable "twist" at the end) never sullied the arc of Hiro and Baymax and the development of the team. LEGO MOVIE also has it's quirks -- WildStyle's rather devolves as the story moves forward. But it's still a wonderfully clever movie. 

• Like 6

This is a tough year to declare an Animated champion. I feel like LEGO, Dragon 2, and this are all on a very even playing field in quality. They all hit their marks very well. Although I'd probably rank LEGO first for the sheer inventiveness it had, and this last for being a bit too derivative/predictable overall. But the gaps between all three are pretty small for me.

• Like 1

They got death threats from Nolanites :lol:

The truly sad thing is... I can believe it.  Though I doubt it would hold up the posting.

It does bug me just a little that Interstellar is going to retain its Certified Fresh label with its current score though.  It only bugs me so much though because they were holding out on giving it and got harassed until they did.  They were right to want to wait for a larger consensus.

Jamie Chung (Gogo) originally auditioned for Moana!

Q: With GoGo, what did you fall for in her when the part was presented to you?

Jamie Chung: You know, I actually did a table read for another Disney project that's in the process of being made -- it's called "Moana" -- and I had the honor of reading all of her lines, and it was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do, because it's the lead character and her emotional journey. And [Disney Pixar CCO] John Lasseter's sitting right across from you, and the whole Disney Animation studio and all the directors are like, "This is so huge for us. This table read is going to determine whether or not this movie's going to be made and whether or not they like the script and where it's going." So it was so much pressure. And I was able to do it well, and John Lasseter was like, "I want her to come in and read for GoGo for 'Big Hero 6.'" So I was kind of handpicked, in a way, and the casting director agreed. She was like, "She'd be great. Let's bring her in." I didn't really know what "Big Hero 6" was about until I got there, and I read the lines and was like, "Oh, this character's great!" So easy. She's so dry and sarcastic.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=56885

• Like 2

The truly sad thing is... I can believe it.  Though I doubt it would hold up the posting.

It does bug me just a little that Interstellar is going to retain its Certified Fresh label with its current score though.  It only bugs me so much though because they were holding out on giving it and got harassed until they did.  They were right to want to wait for a larger consensus.

I know, talk about fanatics o_o