Neo

Big Hero 6 | November 7, 2014 | Now available on home video

Concept Art!

Posted Image

Love how diverse the lineup of movies at Disney Animation has been of late. If this breaks out big time, then WDAS may be a really profitable avenue for some small time Marvel titles like Runaways and Power Pack. I could see WDAS created Runaways movie in particular being something out of this world. 

• Like 1

Oh my, Runaways as a Disney animated musical would be.. something, I guess. If some conservatives had problems with "gay" themes in Frozen, I can only imagine what they would do when Lucy in the Sky sings a hauntingly beautiful ode to a girl she loves.

Too bad Dazzler and the entire mutant race is in the possession of Fox. They aren't using her and wasting the mutant universe big time. Dazzler would have been the most appropriate Marvel character to feature in her very own Disney animated musical.

• Like 2

When can we normally expect to hear casting news for big animated movies like this?

Kristen Bell was announced as the voice of Anna on March 5, 2012... nearly 2 years before Frozen was released.

So BH6 is being extremely slow with its news. :mellow:

• Like 1

Kristen Bell was announced as the voice of Anna on March 5, 2012... nearly 2 years before Frozen was released.So BH6 is being extremely slow with its news. :mellow:

Man, no wonder it seems like forever when we hear new stuff about this.There's barely any news to begin with.Doesn't mean I'm not excited though :D. Edited by kaijukurt
  • Like 1

Since most of the BH6 characters are just kids/teens, I don't think they are going for high profile names anyway. Especially since Frozen showed you don't need a Tom Hanks, Cameron Diaz or Angelina Jolie to boost your animated film. Wouldn't be surprised if most of the BH6 are all played by newbies, or might include some of the child actors from Frozen in more prominent roles.

• Like 1

Since most of the BH6 characters are just kids/teens, I don't think they are going for high profile names anyway. Especially since Frozen showed you don't need a Tom Hanks, Cameron Diaz or Angelina Jolie to boost your animated film. Wouldn't be surprised if most of the BH6 are all played by newbies, or might include some of the child actors from Frozen in more prominent roles.

Yeah. Disney's never really been big on the high profile names for their films. They'll have people you may know, but aren't really draws in and of themselves, except in some weird cases... like Mel Gibson.

So BH6 will probably have a crew that includes people you know, but don't really follow heavily.

• Like 1

Yeah. Disney's never really been big on the high profile names for their films. They'll have people you may know, but aren't really draws in and of themselves, except in some weird cases... like Mel Gibson.

So BH6 will probably have a crew that includes people you know, but don't really follow heavily.

Yup, and in the cases of kid or teen characters like Hiro, Honey and Gogo, possibly people we don't even know. Though wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of names from the Frozen child actor cast, like I mentioned earlier. 

• Like 1

When the Frozen momentum wears out (If that is even possible), Disney will start giving away news cast, trailers, posters and still images of Big Hero 6.

Huh, I never really considered that. But they could be waiting on the right time (next month or so).

When the Frozen momentum wears out (If that is even possible), Disney will start giving away news cast, trailers, posters and still images of Big Hero 6.

Yup, April/May could be the announcement of the voice cast, and June may be the first preview (just like in the case of Frozen, only hoping this time it isn't as WTF? and misleading as snowman vs. reindeer).

Yup, April/May could be the announcement of the voice cast, and June may be the first preview (just like in the case of Frozen, only hoping this time it isn't as WTF? and misleading as snowman vs. reindeer).

Well, they don't have to hide the fact it's a musical this time around.

(God, that first full trailer for Frozen is so bad.)

• Like 1

WDAS are usually good with voices, I think they'll be one big name in the cast with the rest with semi known actors. Disney have gone for names in the past, Robin Williams as the Genie as Aladdin, Eddie Murphy in Mulan, Jeremy Irons in Lion King to name but a few.