diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

3 hours ago, Olive said:

Special note, Kingsman was released during Lunar New years holiday, it's final tally = 78x its OD.

And Zootopia doesn't have a holiday boost(maybe some winter break), will do over 100x its OD.:o

So you think 3.5 million admissions is like guaranteed for Zootopia? How high do you think it can aim for?

3 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

So looks like around an opening $10m 4/day for BvS. 

Where does that fall in with the other SH flicks? 

I thought with the addition of Batman, it would do way better than MOS in SK base off TDK series good results. I guess those good results had way more to do with Nolan than Batman character for Koreans then.

On a slightly related note, Spidey is popular in SK cause I remember both TASM movies did pretty well despite ok receptions. That can only be good news for Civil War, which is already guaranteed to do well with Iron Man in it.

Edited by Sam

8 minutes ago, Sam said:

Where does that fall in with the other SH flicks? 

I thought with the addition of Batman, it would do way better than MOS in SK base off TDK series good results. I guess those good results had way more to do with Nolan than Batman character for Koreans then.

On a slightly related note, Spidey is popular in SK cause I remember both TASM movies did pretty well despite ok receptions. That can only be good news for Civil War, which is already guaranteed to do well with Iron Man in it.

Looks to land in the middle but closer to MOS than TDKR

MOS: $7.33m 3 day /  $8.57m (4 or 5 day?)

TDKR: $12.95 3 day/ $15.69 5 (?) day

Other SH

TWS was $8.9m 3 day / $11m 5 day

AOU: $23m  /$28m 5 (?) day

IM3: $16.5/ $19.5m 5 day

ASM2: $10.85m /$13.85m 5 day  

SM3: $16,381,975 3 day

DOFP:  $11.77m/ $14.15m 5 day

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Sam said:

That's an ok opening all things considered really. Now it's up to the legs. 

What will competitions be like for the next few weeks?

Hollywood wise, nothing coming out this week, next week see Cloverfield Lane, Eddie the Eagle and Trumbo.

13th sees the Huntsman..

yeah so pretty much nothing until Civil War on April 27th 

• Like 1

Weekend 
BVS 1,146,969  (new)    1,385,471/$10.6m
Zoo 258,273  (-27.9%)   3,177,110

Amazing drop for Zootopia, other holdovers all dropper more than 70%

Captain America 2 made 1,473,937 in Five days, and ended with 3.96M

1 minute ago, chasmmi said:

Hollywood wise, nothing coming out this week, next week see Cloverfield Lane, Eddie the Eagle and Trumbo.

13th sees the Huntsman..

yeah so pretty much nothing until Civil War on April 27th 

Oh hey chasmmi, it's been a while. 

How about local releases? And on that note, any local movies worth looking into this year so far or in the near future?

4 minutes ago, Sam said:

Oh hey chasmmi, it's been a while. 

How about local releases? And on that note, any local movies worth looking into this year so far or in the near future?

Yes hello :)

I haven't really paid attention to the Korean releases over the past year as things feel like they are getting too paint by numbers compared to up to about 5 years ago.

According to naver movies, the 13th has too Korea films that people seem interested in, but I have no idea what they are. :) 

However Park Chan Wook does have a film coming out this year called the Handmaid which I will try to look out for

• Like 1

Monday March 28

Batman v Superman:  $507,625  ($10,675,066)  / 74,453  (1,460,210) 1,528   (~83%)

Zootopia:  $179,138 ($21,435,292) / 26,999  (3,204,143)  (~77.5%)

Edit: I see as I struggled with formatting my numbers got old :lol:

Big drop for BvS

For comparison 1st Monday number:

Captain America: The Winter Soldier 113,937/$805,800

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

Yikes, that's a horrid drop. Not too surprising considering the receptions, but still.

So it's not doing all that hot in China and SK, ok in Japan I guess? How about other Asian territories?

that Zootopia hold is amazing <3 it'll pass Deadpool this weekend and would probably hit 3.5M when it's all said and done. Too shame it can't dethrone KFP3 for the highest grossing animated film of the year tho.

1 hour ago, TalismanRing said:

Wow, BVS is down 72% from it's opening Thur and Zoo is up 2% from last week.   Zoo might beat it this w/e.

there's basically no strong new releases this w/e so the top 2 will be reprised but think BvS will be able to barely edge out Zoo. I'm thinking something like BvS's 300~350k to Zoo's 200~250k showdown. :D