diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

last thing i will say about this, doesnt matter what country you are from what happened that day resulted in people dying, you can aknowelde both "good" and the "bad" of one thing and jesus we are talking about one scene without even knowing the full context......

4 minutes ago, john2000 said:

last thing i will say about this, doesnt matter what country you are from what happened that day resulted in people dying, you can aknowelde both "good" and the "bad" of one thing and jesus we are talking about one scene without even knowing the full context......

Bruh, are you ok? 

Nah, I didn't mean to hurt anyone but I am not watching unless any of my friends recommend. Also, this is a serious spoiler given by Imbruglia, a war scenario representing my country is not a thing that I can watch. It's just depression and I don't want to remember WW2 from Eternals.

2 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Nah, I didn't mean to hurt anyone but I am not watching unless any of my friends recommend. Also, this is a serious spoiler given by Imbruglia, a war scenario representing my country is not a thing that I can watch. It's just depression and I don't want to remember WW2 from Eternals.

i wasnr talking about you just to make it clear

• Like 1

I think this is not a spoiler but the general idea for around the haft of the first part of the movie meantions about the rise and the collapse of human civilization through thousand years history from before BC. So that part is just some mere seconds in it without any intention to emphasize it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Issac Newton said:

Sorry, it was Jujutsu Kaisen which got boycott over a word "kamikaze" 

No, before and during the time Demon Slayer movie run in SK, there had been boycott due to Tanjiro's earring design. And at that time there was also a boycott against Japanese product by Korean people due to political conflict in trade between governments of two countries. 

Just now, Danhjpn said:

No, before and during the time Demon Slayer movie run in SK, there had been boycott due to Tanjiro's earring design. And at that time there was also a boycott against Japanese product by Korean people due to political conflict in trade between governments of two countries. 

There is a somewhere mistake in the information. Chinese Film Board objected it's Tanjiro earrings that represents Rising Flag. While, there is cultural relations due to Writer's bilingual. If you check Netflix Korea, the contents remain unchanged. In fact, my Korean colleague said that the film did not had any issues but fans felt cheated when Aniplex could not provide them a Korean Dub when many of them requested.

15 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

There is a somewhere mistake in the information. Chinese Film Board objected it's Tanjiro earrings that represents Rising Flag. While, there is cultural relations due to Writer's bilingual. If you check Netflix Korea, the contents remain unchanged. In fact, my Korean colleague said that the film did not had any issues but fans felt cheated when Aniplex could not provide them a Korean Dub when many of them requested.

It just means that the boycott in Korea was not as intense as China which requires the redesign of the symbol in the earrings. There are definitely post and discussion and controversy in Korea about the symbol in the earrings reflect the "Rising sun" flag of Japanese army. 

Edited by Danhjpn

they did change it.

반성 없는 일본…"귀멸의 칼날, 욱일기 사냥에 당했다" | 모바일 JTBC뉴스

Japan animations have limited audience and that fanbase don't care about these type of issue.

also it was small design part which they removed it. so it was easy to control the controversy.

not to mention people boycotting wasn't going to see this from the beginning.

2 minutes ago, imbruglia said:

they did change it.

반성 없는 일본…"귀멸의 칼날, 욱일기 사냥에 당했다" | 모바일 JTBC뉴스

Japan animations have limited audience and that fanbase don't care about these type of issue.

also it was small design part which they removed it. so it was easy to control the controversy.

not to mention people boycotting wasn't going to see this from the beginning.

How is the situation there for Eternals now? Do you think Marvel fan will care about this thing much? 

Now, I also want to know about one thing. Marvel movies often do very well in SK, very high numbers. Do you know it is because Marvel fanbase is that BIG in SK that it can make those big number? Or those movies also have the visit from casual/ general audiences to make those big number?