Taylor

Weekend Estimates: #1-TED 54.1m; #2-MM 39.16m; #3-BRAVE 34m; #4-MADEA 26.35m; #5- MAD3 11.82m

I NEVER said Green Lantern was a success. I said its opening weekend was good. Stop twisting what others are saying

It dropped 22% from Fri-Sat and fell 66% on it's first Monday. Far from good for a film with a 300M+ budget with marketing.

Wow...so you are projecting the hate you should be throwing toward Sony toward Spider-Man instead? That makes zero sense.

I'm projecting my hate on a reboot not needed, SM1 is one of the best superhero origin.and yet I will watch on tuesday and take my own conclusions Edited by Goffe Rises

How quickly we forget

SUNDAY AM, 6TH UPDATE: Warner Bros’ 3D Green Lantern ($21.6M Friday, dropping -21% for $17.1M Saturday, and only a $52.6M weekend) underperforms, unable to meet even the studio’s lowered expectation for North America despite the higher 3D ticket prices.

It dropped 22% from Fri-Sat and fell 66% on it's first Monday. Far from good for a film with a 300M+ budget with marketing.

Still had a respectable though not great OW is his point. Although who really cares with its overall performance? It was a bomb overall and that's what counts. Edited by MovieMan89

Still had a respectable though not great OW is his point. Although who really cares with its overall performance? It was a bomb overall and that's what counts.

It was expected to outopen Thor at the time. Calling it a "solid" OW now is revisionist history.

It was expected to outopen Thor at the time. Calling it a "solid" OW now is revisionist history.

Perhaps. I certainly wouldn't call it a good OW. I don't think you could call it a bad OW either though. Frankly I was shocked it cracked $40m.

Given it's negative reception, a 53 OW was far from bad. Had it been a decent film, it would have performed numbers similar to Thor and Captain America. The OW really highlighted how much of a missed opportunity Green Lantern was. The interest was there, but WB/and the filmmakers really screwed up. Edited by MrPink

First of all no it wasn't, everyone expected it to bomb and bomb hardSecondly yes it had a shitty, shitty run but it opened okay. Falling hard after its opening doesn't take that away from itThird of all, who cares? Aren't there a half dozen TASM threads in which you could be having this inane conversation?

3 200m animations this year, 2011 didn't see one.

Wreck-It Ralph could make it 4We also could have 4 400M films, something 2011 didn't see one of

First of all no it wasn't, everyone expected it to bomb and bomb hard

Secondly yes it had a shitty, shitty run but it opened okay. Falling hard after its opening doesn't take that away from it

Third of all, who cares? Aren't there a half dozen TASM threads in which you could be having this inane conversation?

More from Nikke.

Hollywood estimated a North American weekend opening of at least the mid-$50M range with the upside as much as $60M-$65M-$70M if the fan boys went for it in 3D despite the poor reviews. The studio now can only hope for a big Father’s Day judging from strong results from past superhero films.

It takes 2 people to have a conversation. If you don't like it then don't butt in.

3 200m animations this year, 2011 didn't see one.

Putting money on 4. I think IA4 will open just big enough to crawl to the 200 mark. Kids LOVE the trailers everytime I see it in theaters and the series just doesn't seem to run out of steam. Either way, amazing year already for animation after the dreadful one that was 2011.