Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

Not really. But I'm glad there are people that like it. We'll see what you think of the next, next origin movie.It's like deja vu all over again all over again.

Its true that the origin part was boring, but that was only like the first 15 mins... The rest of the movie was original.

The problem is, TA series is already going to be a monstrous money maker. TA already came close to the limitation of what a SH movie can do, and adding Spiderman wont make it fly much higher. So, Disney won't be offering a HUGE deal. On the other hand, Spiderman is still making truck load of money for Sony, and it really needs a SUPER deal for Sony to give it up. So, under current situation, I dont see Spidey in TA happening.

Yeah I agree, adding Spiderman in The Avengers would be meaningless, adding The Amazing Spider-Man in other hand, look, you better call Cameron and say that he needs to come back from under water or something, because the box office will be going down. :P Edited by iJackSparrow

The problem is, TA series is already going to be a monstrous money maker. TA already came close to the limitation of what a SH movie can do, and adding Spiderman wont make it fly much higher. So, Disney won't be offering a HUGE deal. On the other hand, Spiderman is still making truck load of money for Sony, and it really needs a SUPER deal for Sony to give it up. So, under current situation, I dont see Spidey in TA happening.

I don't know what goes on in studio execs minds but an Avengers film with Spidey is a pretty exciting thing to dream of.
  • Like 1

Its true that the origin part was boring, but that was only like the first 15 mins... The rest of the movie was original.

:lol: :lol: :lol:Did you sleep through Spiderman '02? The whole movie was the same, just a slight retooling of certain things, changing of character names. Even The Lizard was essentially the same villain as Goblin.

:lol: :lol: :lol:Did you sleep through Spiderman '02? The whole movie was the same, just a slight retooling of certain things, changing of character names. Even The Lizard was essentially the same villain as Goblin.

Makes me sick! What makes me more ill is that people actually paid money to watch this same movie again.

No... The fan rush you are talking about is at midnight. 35-7.5= 27.5 + 4th of july bump. It should at the very least get 27.5m

There won't be a 4th of July bump. This is a comic book movie. They have huge frontloaded ODs and then drop off immediately, and a holiday isn't going to change that fact. You'll see soon enough.

Not according to the reviews

reviews don't reflect the appreciation for target demo.I'd expect these average ratings from different age groups:30+ : 5/1025 : 7/1020 : 8/1015: 9/1010: 9/105: 8/10

Oscorp Executive: You have to start human trials immediately!Connors: I will not! Oscorp Executive: Oh yes you will!Connors: I refuse! That is not how things work around here, I won't stand for it, blah, blah...Oscorp Executive: OK, your'e fired.5 minutes later...Connors jabs a giant needle in his arm.

• Like 1

Makes me sick! What makes me more ill is that people actually paid money to watch this same movie again.

It's not a bad movie on its own merits technically speaking, but it's bad in the sense that we literally already saw the same movie just 10 years ago so I really can't praise it either.
  • Like 1

There won't be a 4th of July bump. This is a comic book movie. They have huge frontloaded ODs and then drop off immediately, and a holiday isn't going to change that fact. You'll see soon enough.

I don't remember Spiderman 1 being frontloaded. Or Batman Begins... Or Iron Man. The only frontloaded ones were the ones that failed, like Spiderman 3.

After he gets bit, it becomes original. That couldn't have been more than 15 mins.

You mean

the parts where he starts testing his new found abilities all around town?His origin is technically all the way up through where Uncle Ben dies due to Peter's inaction.

Original!

I don't remember Spiderman 1 being frontloaded. Or Batman Begins... Or Iron Man. The only frontloaded ones were the ones that failed, like Spiderman 3.

Their ODs were still frontloaded to the extent that they all had big immediate drop offs, like this will (aside from SM1 since that was a different era of box office). Which then brings us to the cold hard facts that this will likely fail on the WOM level when people spread the word that it's the same movie they saw 10 years ago. ;)