Moviedweeb

SAT/Wkd Numbers (EST TASM $23.8m(+15%)/$65m; Savages $5.6m(-2%)/$16.2m; KP 2.5m(-8%)/7.2m

Loki was better than the Lizard. In fact, that is one of the weak points. In the moment The Lizard shows up, the movie derails a bit. Andrew Garfield/Emma Stone put in back on track, tho.

I agree regarding lizard. Chemistry between Garfiled and Stone was breath taking and Garfield as SM was awesome. I liked him more than Maguire. :) :) :)

I liked Amazing Spiderman, but it's foolish to compare Loki to baby Godzilla. Loki was a much better villain.

Even though Loki got completely pwned by Hulk, he demonstrated genuine menace and a commanding presence in that scene in Germany yelling at people to kneel.Most people aren't gonna think much about Lizard down the road.
  • Like 1

I guess I am just of the opinion that if I am a tre fan of something, I am gonna be a lot more objective. You are clearly the opposite. I'm jealous.

We all had odd moments. Let me say this, as human beings we'll never be completely objective. We'll all have biases and we can't do anything about it.

Even though Loki got completely pwned by Hulk, he demonstrated genuine menace and a commanding presence in that scene in Germany yelling at people to kneel.Most people aren't gonna think much about Lizard down the road.

Loki was a very good villain in TA, I just don't put him in the Ledger, Doc Oc or Magneto category. Loki's game was all mental and I felt he was quite a bit subdued in physical aspects.

We all had odd moments. Let me say this, as human beings we'll never be completely objective. We'll all have biases and we can't do anything about it.

I got a friend who has religious and political beliefs that can't be changed, just like certain fan biases.On an Emma Stone note, I'm watching Easy A right now.
  • Like 1

Loki was a very good villain in TA, I just don't put him in the Ledger, Doc Oc or Magneto category. Loki's game was all mental and I felt he was quite a bit subdued in physical aspects.

But I don't put Lizard in that above Loki category.And I find it impressive that Loki didn't need to be physical to be a strong villain. Edited by Jay Beezy

But I don't put Lizard in that above category.

I actually don't put either Lizard or Loki in that category. The way people were gushing about Loki, I thought some might be saying that.

I got a friend who has religious and political beliefs that can't be changed, just like certain fan biases.

On an Emma Stone note, I'm watching Easy A right now.

Emma's freaking awesome in Easy A. :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: Edited by druv10

Hell fucking no. Too soon, let's wait for The Amazing Spider Spider-Man 6th and 7th installment for that. It can't be done so soon.

I feel that slowly people will come around to The Amazing Spider-Man as one of the best films of the genre ever. The ending is just fucking brilliant. And to whoever criticized the Lizard: hands down the BEST villain of the year so far. Fucking brilliant and menacing as hell.

Best villain of the year so far? So out of, what, two people? Even if you include non comic book movies, that's not exactly high praise. He's better than the wolves from the Grey?

Loki has never been a physical combatant first. I think of him as The Riddler(kinda, a gamesman anyway) wrapped into the power of a god. He's shown he can fight, he just prefers to manipulate you first. Thus by causing you doubt he's already cracked your shell...so to speak.

Loki has never been a physical combatant first. I think of him as The Riddler(kinda, a gamesman anyway) wrapped into the power of a god. He's shown he can fight, he just prefers to manipulate you first. Thus by causing you doubt he's already cracked your shell...so to speak.

Which is why he is such an awesome villain.
  • Like 2