Fullbuster

Man of Steel thread OS

Agree !! 650+ WW is nothing to sneeze about, especially for a reboot. I'm pretty Sure FOX would take this anyday over the poor TW outing.

650+M WW + 170-200M in product placements...  Heh heh. So indeed despite what Tower and Disllusiha would have you believe MOS is a juggernuat in the making for TW.. ANd rem all this is only the first movie.. Just like batman Begins to TDK, expect giant leaps when  Bruce Wayne teams up with Clark Kent for the mega fest MOS2

Actually it made 170+mil less than my lowend(MOS is still making money) , still far better Im sure than your prediction  Tower..LOl

And Superman vs Batman will definitely passy my 850+M Lowend..Sorry.   Your proably on the marvel FB trainwreck  thats guranteed to happen , saying Avatar 2 is going to get beat by Avengers.. Good luck with that kind of logic..lol

My prediction was 750M (not low end, normal prediction), which means that I was too high, but not as high as your low end. You a prediction that MOS2 would beat the Avengers, that's what I was referring to as crazy high. I have never read any Marvel or DC comic book in my life and have no special attachment to either, but my favourite superhero film is easily TDK. And no, I don't think Avatar 2 is going to beat the Avengers. Edit: meant the opposite in that last sentence.

Edited by Tower

Big openings were the result of great marketing campaign. People who wanted to see it did it in the first week and since WOM wasn't great so not much repeat business hence the big drops. Of course if the movie was better it'd draw more audience outside of the genre. I point was Superman wasn't that huge draw OS as much as the other A list superheroes.

Even the greatest marketing campaigns wouldn't result in a june opening record if superman isn't popular like you're suggesting

MOS outperformed BB by a mile, as it did IM2 (I won't mention IM1 because at the time IM wasn't big and the film it self was a breakout success for a then unknown character). 

It is really funny how people now saying 650 WW is great for MOS!!! :lol: Over-anticipated and over-hyped movies like MOS (empty movie) deserves these disapponting numbers! And now its a great trick from WB to bring Batman on to get rid from Cradle-of-life effect!

Hey my prediction for this film was 500-520 WW (based on SR's performance and the general performances of reboots).

And don't get confused, WB are using superman to bring batman to life not the other way around, you think any one is gonna give a shit about a batman reboot this soon after nolan's films, dream on! WF stands to benefit both characters considerably and it makes sense if WB wants to compete with starwars, avengers, finding nemo2, bond and pirates in a very busy 2015.

This thread has been going in circles. Here are what I see as the facts:

-Man of Steel opened spectacularly

-it didn't perform very well afterward 

-it did not blow SR out of the water when adjusted for inflation

MoS had mediocre word of mouth and its critics were loud, but $650m WW (despite possibly coming under some peoples expectations), is a huge win for WB because it allows them to develop a "cinematic universe" which will make them absurd amounts of money.

MoS might have been slightly disappointing mostly based on its performance and not the actual numbers overall (and yes, how a film achieves its numbers says a lot about it), but it is a gigantic win for WB.

Beautifully said Clavius! Couldn't have said it better if I tried.

Edited by messipotamia
  • Like 1

Hey my prediction for this film was 500-520 WW (based on SR's performance and the general performances of reboots).And don't get confused, WB are using superman to bring batman to life not the other way around, you think any one is gonna give a shit about a batman reboot this soon after nolan's films, dream on! WF stands to benefit both characters considerably and it makes sense if WB wants to compete with starwars, avengers, finding nemo2, bond and pirates in a very busy 2015. Beautifully said Clavius! Couldn't have said it better if I tried.

Thank you sir

My prediction was 750M (not low end, normal prediction), which means that I was too high, but not as high as your low end. You a prediction that MOS2 would beat the Avengers, that's what I was referring to as crazy high. I have never read any Marvel or DC comic book in my life and have no special attachment to either, but my favourite superhero film is easily TDK. And no, I don't think Avatar 2 is going to beat the Avengers.

Tower Superman and Batman has been salvated on longer than Avengers it is a potential Avengers killer. Superman and Batman can also pull on golden age audiences, something Avengers just couldnt do in any large scale.

Saying Avengers will beat Juggernaut 2015 is an Avenger FB delusion... Avengers wont even have a chance domestically, much less oS... Avatar will beat Avengers 2 by  2billion+..That will be an embarrassing ass whopping Tower.

Avatar 1 outsold , out muscled Avengers  by so big a scale in every area from BO, to merchandising and everything else. It had  fans trying to learn thelanguage and coming out in snow storms endlessly Domestically. That is true love for a movie.

It is the end of the road for Avengers 2 vs the Juggernaut.. (No Contest and some think Juggernaut 2015 will beat TA by 3billion+)

:)

Let's not forget an origin story, first one on the series, SPIDER-MAN made $890M WW back in 2002

Actually SM3 made 890M WW in 2007.... So obviously SM1 reboot is riding its coat tails.. So MOS is the most successful reboot, it came after a flop had far more competition than Spidey hitting its legs and will still come close to 300M Domestic. I love it.

So staying away from all the debates, just want to quietly sneak in that BOM updated their numbers: MOS overseas total is up to 357,050,000. And its worldwide total stands at 643,857,505. Will need another 2 weeks or so to get pass 650M. After that, it's all on Japan.

• Like 1

So staying away from all the debates, just want to quietly sneak in that BOM updated their numbers: MOS overseas total is up to 357,050,000. And its worldwide total stands at 643,857,505. Will need another 2 weeks or so to get pass 650M. After that, it's all on Japan.

Sam are you laughing at these Batman/Superman  has no chance to beat Avengers statements and TA2 will out muscle Juggernaut 2015..LOL.. Some folks have no clue to how crazy movie fans are going over what James Cameron comes out with next..He never dissappoints.. And I feel Zack Synder and Goyer wont dissappoint with MOS2, and Batman casting will  be superv!

Sam are you laughing at these Batman/Superman  has no chance to beat Avengers statements and TA2 will out muscle Juggernaut 2015..LOL.. Some folks have no clue to how crazy movie fans are going over what James Cameron comes out with next..He never dissappoints.. And I feel Zack Synder and Goyer wont dissappoint with MOS2, and Batman casting will  be superv!

Jim never disappoints, But AVATAR 2 will not make any new records, but still it will beat AOU by both Dom. and OS!

Im  wondering if we can get to 400+M OS... Feels good , we are so close now :)

Current markets will finish with close to 365M, for MOS to get pass 400M, it'll need to do well in Japan. There's definitely a chance, but it's a small chance, 20M from Japan sounds good at the moment.

I'm staying away from the debates. So no comment  :P

The rushing production for a big movie like B/S is very risky! WB never want to make a quality product. They only want money!

Current markets will finish with close to 365M, for MOS to get pass 400M, it'll need to do well in Japan. There's definitely a chance, but it's a small chance, 20M from Japan sounds good at the moment.

I'm staying away from the debates. So no comment  :P

Just forget about 400m OS! 

• Like 1

Tower Superman and Batman has been salvated on longer than Avengers it is a potential Avengers killer. Superman and Batman can also pull on golden age audiences, something Avengers just couldnt do in any large scale.

Saying Avengers will beat Juggernaut 2015 is an Avenger FB delusion... Avengers wont even have a chance domestically, much less oS... Avatar will beat Avengers 2 by  2billion+..That will be an embarrassing ass whopping Tower.

Avatar 1 outsold , out muscled Avengers  by so big a scale in every area from BO, to merchandising and everything else. It had  fans trying to learn thelanguage and coming out in snow storms endlessly Domestically. That is true love for a movie.

It is the end of the road for Avengers 2 vs the Juggernaut.. (No Contest and some think Juggernaut 2015 will beat TA by 3billion+)

:)

Yeah sorry, that was a typo, I definitely think Avatar 2 will beat Avenger 2, having said that I'm not convinced that Avatar will be releasing 2015 anyway.

Even with the great WOM the dark knight series got it still couldn't come near the Avengers, adding him to MOS, which made a little over half of IM3 this year won't suddenly cause it to jump over the Avengers

Yeah sorry, that was a typo, I definitely think Avatar 2 will beat Avenger 2, having said that I'm not convinced that Avatar will be releasing 2015 anyway.

Even with the great WOM the dark knight series got it still couldn't come near the Avengers, adding him to MOS, which made a little over half of IM3 this year won't suddenly cause it to jump over the Avengers

But only if Bale returns, B/S will beat AOU! And Btw I guess AVATAR 2 will be released in 2016