CJohn

Skyfall OS thread - 1,000.2M WW (289.6M+710.6M)

It became the biggest 2012 film a while ago, I think you're being confused with currencies, it just passed in pounds what TDKR did in dollars.

You know whats going on in my country?Bond passed a local movie in attendence on sat to become the biggest of 2012

$50m~60m from Japan possible ? Would put it on track to take Batman down WW.

I don't know but Skyfall will have to deal with Hobbit and One piece z (latest adaptation of the biggest selling manga of all time in Japan) after 2 weeks

50M+ would be difficult but I wouldn't totally discard it. Remember Avengers was not supposed to do more than 30m but the fact is that if a movie has overperformed in most markets, it will overperform in the rest too.Let's say 45m weekend (572m cume) including MGM markets this weekend.These additional grosses from current markets are definitely possible:Australia - 35mUK - 18mGermany - 15mFrance - 6mNetherlands - 6mNZ - 5mRest - 30mTotal - 115mSo with 300m domestic, it could be at 985-990m and Japan and China will need to do less than 100m combined to beat TDKR.

I believe that Skyfall will, at least, be within $50M - $60M of $1B by the time it opens in China. If Skyfall performs better than expected in North America, Australia or Japan then Skyfall will be closer than that come its China debut.

It is in part because TDKR unachieved OS compared to the pre released hype.

TDKR still had a big increase over TDK OS, it's just that Batman's always been a moderate performer internationally. Bond, on the other hand, has always done much better proportionate to its DOM. Edited by Hatebox

TDKR still had a big increase over TDK OS, it's just that Batman's always been a moderate performer internationally. Bond, on the other hand, has always done much better proportionate to its DOM.

Yh i know but TDK was so well loved WW and built up new fans i mean box office mojo predicted $850 mil overseas for TDKR. So i expected more considering the good reviews and the love from the previous movie.