CJohn

Iron Man 3 OS thread ($803,300,000)

Jaw dropping opening for Iron Man. Now he is obviously part of the A-list comic book characters worldwide.

I still remember the skepticism about the character and Robert Downey Jr back in 2008.

Times change so fast.

Actually, this opening proves that Iron Man, as played by RDJ, is not only part of the A-list comic book characters, but the very definition of it. It is more bankable than every other superhero and will remain so as long as RDJ won't retire. After he'll retire, a big drop is to be expected, tho.

hmmm with May day holidays it should get around 100 million from the weekdays and 100 million from the next weekend and that is including the new openings from China Russia and Germany.

I think it will be well above 400 million overseas by next Sunday sounds insane but likely?

Edited by Lordmandeep

I'm thinking over 400M overseas at the end of next week too.

I remembered TA grossed over 40M on its first Tuesday last year with only some small markets opening, so the main reason for big gross is Labor Day holiday, which is May 1st.

For IM3, May 1st has both China and Germany's openings. So I expect its Wenesday numbers to be big. Then Thursday May 2nd is opening in Russia, should add a nice bump too. 

hmmm with May day holidays it should get around 100 million from the weekdays and 100 million from the next weekend and that is including the new openings from China Russia and Germany.

I think it will be well above 400 million overseas by next Sunday sounds insane but likely?

It`s important it makes as much a sposisble before getting big competition. I want over 700M OS to happen.

Yeah it should be over $400m OS next Sunday and near $600m WW.

Edited by Vino