CJohn

Fast & Furious 6 OS thread

IM3 > Hobbit 2 > Smurfs 2 > CF / DM2 / MU / Thor 2 > MoS

The chance for top 5 OS is slim but not completely dead yet, hopefully.

The Hunger Games made $284 millions in 2012 while Thor made $268 million a year earlier.  So we can say that it's a toss up revenues wise with a bigger room to increase for Thor when it comes to admisssions.

I know that Thor had already 3D incentive but i beleive Thorki has more incentives than CF to increase even more OS wise...Loki and TA will be extra incentives that other sequels like CF don't have.  They can propel TTDW os revenues to much bigger results. 

I can see TTDW in the top 3/4 bigger os this year.

Edited by Ent
  • Like 1

Thanks to an engine more powerful than ever, Fast & Furious 6 topped the Memorial Day box office with $120 million for a worldwide total of $317 million -- a franchise best and the biggest debut of all time for Universal. The action pic has taken in $197 million internationally, including $17 million earned since opening last weekend in the U.K. and Ireland.

Overseas, Fast 6 has placed No. 1 in each of the 60 territories where it has opened. The pic earned $160.3 million over the weekend proper, and $180 million for the four-day weekend (Monday is a holiday in many countries). Fast 6 nabbed the biggest opening of all time in the United Arab Emirates, the Middle East and Argentina.

So 160M total from last week (week, not weekend) and then 20M Monday.

that makes sense.

I see both domestic and overseas numbers for Furious 6 moving up just marginally from Fast 5, around $250 and $500 respectively.  That's still pretty incredible, top 75 all time domestic and top 50 all time worldwide.  

And I think pushing out number 7 next year is too soon.  That one will probably see either a plateau or a slight drop in both numbers.

It's amazing  that they managed to get two things wrong in such a short article,I assume they meant that it will pass FF 1-4. And I wouldn't agree with the sentence after that either, there were a bunch of markets where it passed IM3, and others where it didn't come second.