CJohn

Despicable Me 2 OS thread

explain furthermore!! i didn't get that!

Look for example at the overseas grosses by weekend for 2012. The film made almost the entirety of its gross by January, the fact that the film continued playing for another 8 months doesn't really matter as the numbers beyond those 2 months were insignificant.

Look for example at the overseas grosses by weekend for 2012. The film made almost the entirety of its gross by January, the fact that the film continued playing for another 8 months doesn't really matter as the numbers beyond those 2 months were insignificant.

So what's you are gonna say for Titanic and Avatar??????

So you are saying this won't have legs???????????

No, I'm saying when you talk about the number of days in release, you are focusing on the last few months in its release where it will make <5% of its gross rather than the the "beginning" (in time, not in gross) of the run where it will gross >95% of its gross. Good legs will extend the period a film is making serious money by a few weeks, but eventually every film reaches a point where it has a bunch of weekends making less than a million, even Avatar.

No, I'm saying when you talk about the number of days in release, you are focusing on the last few months in its release where it will make <5% of its gross rather than the the "beginning" (in time, not in gross) of the run where it will gross >95% of its gross. Good legs will extend the period a film is making serious money by a few weeks, but eventually every film reaches a point where it has a bunch of weekends making less than a million, even Avatar.

So what is your final OS total for DM2???????????????

So what is your final OS total for DM2???????????????

600M for now.

P.S there is no need to put 10 question marks at the end of the sentence, I will understand that it's a question even if you only put one.

Comparing DM2 OW in Israel to some similar summer animation:

Ice Age 4: 400K 

Toy Story 3: 391K

Madagascar 3: 381K

Despicable Me 2: 330K

Despicable Me: 201K

Multipliers from OW:

Madagascar 3: 11.8 (4.51M total)

Toy Story 3: 11.3 (4.42M total)

Ice Age 4: 8.7 (3.46 total)

Despicable Me: 8.5 (1.7M total)

The first DM is less comparable because of the release date, so this is likely to land between the multipliers of IA4 and Mad 3, so between 2.8M and 3.9M.

600M for now??? what that means?? you mean it'll fall short of 600M???

I mean 600M, but it it's still early in the run so the possible range it can land in is quite large, so it's not that say to say.

Universal Pictures and Illumination Entertainment made the announcement this morning. With Friday’s estimated domestic grosses of $197.8 million and an international estimated gross of $206.8 million, Despicable Me 2 reached $404.6 million at the worldwide box office today. 

Universal Pictures and Illumination Entertainment made the announcement this morning. With Friday’s estimated domestic grosses of $197.8 million and an international estimated gross of $206.8 million, Despicable Me 2 reached $404.6 million at the worldwide box office today.

So up to Friday domestically, but when OS? Sat?