CJohn

Frozen OS thread

FN was bigger than ROTK and POTC of the same year in China.

wow thats amazing

here TTT was at $10m (with Ukraine)

POTC - 9mil

Nemo compared to them grossed a lot less

But now its a common thing that cartoons are earning on the level of blockbusters ala TA

has to do with parents & their habits I guess

Back then I didnt see a lot of parents with little kids

now everytime Im @ the theater on a weekend it looks like a kindergarten most of the time  :ph34r:

Edited by Tauriel

Glad to see Frozen performing so well, it deserves it. It also seems to have incredible legs. Saw it yesterday, and there were plenty of people attending showings.  In what territories it hasn't been released yet? Hope it will cross 900mil, and 1b would be just fantastic.

• Like 2

Glad to see Frozen performing so well, it deserves it. It also seems to have incredible legs. Saw it yesterday, and there were plenty of people attending showings.  In what territories it hasn't been released yet? Hope it will cross 900mil, and 1b would be just fantastic.

It opens today I South Korea. Tomorrow in Estonia and Turkey. And it also didn't open yet in China, Japan and Sweden.

South Korea

Frozen OD 165,861 (including previews).

kfp OD 105K

KFP2 130K

Tangled OD 44k(including previews 22k)- 327k OW - 1.01M total

Amazing, 30M is possible in SK now. China in 2 weeks and Japan in 1.5 months can really help push Frozen towards 1B WW. I really believe 1B is possible now. It's going to breakout in Japan with 40M+ and now I think 35M+ in China is possible.

• Like 2

Amazing, 30M is possible in SK now. China in 2 weeks and Japan in 1.5 months can really help push Frozen towards 1B WW. I really believe 1B is possible now. It's going to breakout in Japan with 40M+ and now I think 35M+ in China is possible.

Frozen                                                  Actuals           Should Do          Could Do        

Domestic                                               319.0               375.0              390.0        

Asia                                                          27.6               125.0                135.0        

Latin America                                           57.3                 95.0              105.0        

Europe                                                 267.1               300.0              305.0        

Oceania, Africa & Other Small Markets            42.6                 55.0                65.0        

Total                                                      713.6               950.0             1,000.0

Edited by HenryBcn
  • Like 4

SK Friday

Frozen 169,536  335,959/$2.4M

KFP 2-day 563,173 (Friday was holiday)

KFP2 2-day 305,005

Tangled 2-day 72,220

admission numbers are great but I don't know why it's translated into seemingly less amount of grosses in dollars. 3D share could have been low, but obviously it couldn't have been sub-10%, and normal 2D ticket price for weekends is about 9 dollars and they even have plenty of 4D shows (with special wind/water/scent etc.. effects and moving chairs) which would be like 16 dollars yet according to the chart it can be read as the average ticket price is below 8 dollars which is not true. Maybe it's the discount tickets? we do have lots of discount offers here, I guess.

admission numbers are great but I don't know why it's translated into seemingly less amount of grosses in dollars. 3D share could have been low, but obviously it couldn't have been sub-10%, and normal 2D ticket price for weekends is about 9 dollars and they even have plenty of 4D shows (with special wind/water/scent etc.. effects and moving chairs) which would be like 16 dollars yet according to the chart it can be read as the average ticket price is below 8 dollars which is not true. Maybe it's the discount tickets? we do have lots of discount offers here, I guess.

4D 3.6%

4D dubbed 2.7%

2D 38.5%

2D dubbed 42.2%

3d 5.9%

3d dubbed 7.1%

• Like 3

Many kids are seeing it and kids' ticket price is 20-30% lower than adult's.