CJohn

Frozen OS thread

3.6M opening in Brazil for Frozen (previews excluded), compared to DM2's 5.7M.

At least, according to BOM.

I've found what I posted on a brazilian online magazine. It didn't say anything about previews :-( ("A animação Frozen: Uma Aventura Congelante levou mais de 1 milhão de espectadores aos cinemas no Brasil em seu fim de semana de estreia, arrecadando 13,9 milhões de reais em bilheteria, informou a assessoria da Disney" http://veja.abril.com.br/noticia/celebridades/frozen-e-o-melhor-lancamento-da-disney-desde-o-rei-leao)

If you havent already, please check out my surprises of 2013 list http://jaysonb593.blogspot.com/2013/12/surprise-surprise.html Obviously Frozen's on there, and my "women in blockbusters" article http://jaysonb593.blogspot.com/2013/12/like-fire-and-ice.html , which includes Frozen as well. Trying to build my network, already 86 countries have viewed! Share with your peeps, thanks guys! 

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 2

A billion for a non-sequel animated feature is insane. Even The Lion King and Finding Nemo didn't get there after their respective re-releases.

But it would have to break out big in both China and Japan...

Both would of flown passed it thou adjusted for inflation.

A billion for a non-sequel animated feature is insane. Even The Lion King and Finding Nemo didn't get there after their respective re-releases.

But it would have to break out big in both China and Japan...

FROZEN could be hot in Japan ($100M or so).

China? Lukewarm is more likely ($30M or so)

Won't hit a billion I don't think. Holidays are over for US/Europe...etc.

And Lion King and Nemo did not have inflated tickets or 3D when they released originally, so not a great comparison.

Edited by JCS

Won't hit a billion I don't think. Holidays are over for US/Europe...etc.

And Lion King and Nemo did not have inflated tickets or 3D when they released originally, so not a great comparison.

Why? TLk adjusted craps on Nemo so I don't see the point of bringing tickets in. 

With so much media entertainment these days and piracy you cant compare ticket admissions from a film now and 20 years ago, just not a fair comparison. Hell you shouldn't even compare past a decade. An original film hitting 1 billion is rare. Yay go Frozen.