CJohn

Frozen OS thread

660M OS will do, with 400M DOM.

It's breaking records in LA, where people love animations. Watch it pulls insane legs there.

You seriously think it's got another hundred million plus to go domestically? Man, I wish, but it's highly unlikely. It would need weekend drops of 20% or less every weekend for the rest of its run. And that might still not be enough.

As far as overseas, while it's got a few large markets to go, and Latin America may still bring in big bucks, it's still a tall order to expect the film to double its current OS gross.

what if it gets re-released after winning the Oscar.

Anyway, with evitable re-releases in the future (every classic Disney animation gets re-releases), 1B is just a matter of time.

Historically, yes, but Disney hasn't done regular re-releases for several years, unless there's a technology upgrade. And even 3D upgrades are getting rarer. After the declining returns of stuff like Monsters, Inc. I think they've pretty much given up on future releases. If they weren't, we'd have heard about Aladdin by now. I don't believe any film they've released since The Lion King has had a significant re-release.

As far as the Oscars, Frozen's likely to win two (Best Animation and Best Song). I don't think either is going to cause its gross to bump up significantly. There may be a slight uptick in late February, but at best, we'd probably see something like $5 million additional there, not the $40+ it'd need to get to $400.

awesome! but is movie ticket less than $4 in Mexico?

No idea. I don't live there. I just checked a mexican newspaper online http://mexicomigrante.com.mx/index.php/entretenimiento/noticias-entretenimiento/espectaculos/1488-continua-frozen-como-lider-de-taquilla-en-cinesBut I know that in Latin America movie tickets are usually cheaper than in the States and sooo much cheaper than here in Europe. For example, the average ticket in 2013 in Argentina was $5.4 Edited by HenryBcn
  • Like 1

No idea. I don't live there. I just checked a mexican newspaper online http://mexicomigrante.com.mx/index.php/entretenimiento/noticias-entretenimiento/espectaculos/1488-continua-frozen-como-lider-de-taquilla-en-cinesBut I know that in Latin America movie tickets are usually cheaper than in the States and sooo much cheaper than here in Europe. For example, the average ticket in 2013 in Argentina was $5.4

oh yeah, now I see your location Barcelona! haha 

heard in India movie ticket's less than 50 cents or something.

• Like 1

That's slightly above Despicable Me 2... amazing.

LA has to come the party just like Europe. Now if China and Japan come to the party, Frozen might have a legitimate shot at 1B WW. OS has been just as amazing as domestic.  :worthy:  :worthy:  :worthy:

• Like 1