CJohn

Frozen OS thread

I just don't get it. Frozen stayed flat in Spain, dropped under 10% in UK, under 20% in Australia, a little more than 30% in Germany...etc etc...and yet its weekend figure (new markets excluded) is down 40%+ from last weekend. Either it freefell in Brazil or something is wrong.

• Like 1

I just don't get it. Frozen stayed flat in Spain, dropped under 10% in UK, under 20% in Australia, a little more than 30% in Germany...etc etc...and yet its weekend figure (new markets excluded) is down 40%+ from last weekend. Either it freefell in Brazil or something is wrong.

Last weekend's $27.8 M. was too much overestimated. You can check it on BOM http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&view=byweekend&wk=2014W2&id=frozen2013.htmAnd maybe this weekend was underestimated. We will see as soon as we get the numbers from every country.

Right now the only hope for Frozen to hit 1 billion WW is to overperform like crazy in Japan like Monsters University.

But heck!, my highest prediction for this was 855m WW and that will be surpassed easily so no disappointment from me ;)

No freefall in Brazil ;-) This weekend Frozen fell just 33% doing $1.6 M. New total $16.2 M.

Everything makes sense now. The total last week was inflated by more than 5M, meaning it grossed those 5M+ on weekdays and making the weekend-to-weekend drop around or below 30%.

Brazil didn't join the party, though. Frozen could even fail to beat Wrech-it-Ralph there, and will certainly finish well below DM2's 35M total gross.

Everything makes sense now. The total last week was inflated by more than 5M, meaning it grossed those 5M+ on weekdays and making the weekend-to-weekend drop around or below 30%. Brazil didn't join the party, though. Frozen could even fail to beat Wrech-it-Ralph there, and will certainly finish well below DM2's 35M total gross.

I think it should do around $25-$26 M. in Brazil, that would be enough for the #4 for 2013. It would easily beat WIR within 2 weeks. Take in account that week days are strong there because of the summer holidays until almost the end of Feb. And Frozen faced the competition of Tarzan last weekend and it won!!

South Korea Tuesday

186,830 +18.4% from Monday,+17% from Thursday OD.

1,546,652 total

is it normal that a movie increases from its opening day in the middle of its following week? :) (or did i read this wrong)

btw regarding all the localizations of let it go... there is really a great cut of (i think) most of them

Edited by chuck0
  • Like 1

is it normal that a movie increases from its opening day in the middle of its following week? :) (or did i read this wrong)

btw regarding all the localizations of let it go... there is really a great cut of (i think) most of them

They could just about replace It's a Small World with it at all the parks.

I'd really like to get copies of all the foreign languages for my music library. Pity they aren't for sale AFAICT.

Edited by DamienRoc

Not normal, it's because of great WOM that Frozen has.

BTW, Chinese version of Let It Go a bit sucks IMO..

BTW, Chinese version of Let It Go a bit sucks IMO..

Is it bad because of how its translated? Because that is exactely what i feel when hearing the german version... its sung very nicely (i think the singer is elphaba in the german wicked) but the lyrics are a little bit rough and german is at least imo not really that suitable for this kind of song.

is it normal that a movie increases from its opening day in the middle of its following week? :) (or did i read this wrong)btw regarding all the localizations of let it go... there is really a great cut of (i think) most of them

That was wonderful. Are these different language versions appear in the movie? 'Cause I wonder if there's also some different language versions of the other songs!And from the HDD numbers, Frozen is no. 2 on the album charts. Estimated total sales is at 675,000 copies. Official numbers will come from Billboard tomorrow.

Who has expected this queen is a mini Skyfall?

I fail to see how it's a "mini" Skyfall at all. It's done quite a bit better domestically, and is doing very comparable numbers OS.

As for China and Japan, I have a question. Most people seem to be predicting around 30m and 50m for Frozen in China and Japan, respectively. Why is this? I thought China was a much bigger market, so wouldn't it be able to gross much more in China? And why is it that only Pixar movies, for example, do well in Japan while other animated movies don't? 

Just looking for some insight on these two markets.