CJohn

Frozen OS thread

Don't exaggerate about Latin America, their numbers are still pretty good, particularly in this moment with their currency crisis.In Argentina the value of the Argentinean peso decreased by 20% for example, and in Venezuela it's worse.The economic situation must be taken into account.

Totally agree!! In Argentina Frozen is already the best January release ever according to tickets sold and it could finish its run in the top 20 most ticket sellers movies in history!!!!

Edited by HenryBcn
  • Like 1

I think that 30m number for China seemed reasonable before we knew it was only going to get a 10 day run, with limited screens and showings.

I know Hollywood movies get the short end of the stick in China, but I was expecting at least 3 weekends, not 1.

I wonder when the new ticketing system will be put into place to fight corruption at theaters in China?

I still remember when Avatar was playing there, people were reporting they were getting tickets that said "Confucius", but theater operators assured them they were seeing Avatar.

Who knows how much Avatar was under reported there.

Any upcoming holiday in Sweden?

Anyways, Frozen should pass the 900M mark this weekend. Let's say a 5/6M weekend from South Korea and an average 25% drop from the other holdovers, meaning around 8.5M. I don't know how post-Lunar dailies are structured in China, maybe a 7/8M 3-day weekend? That'd mean 21/22 millions. During weekdays it should get 4M+ from South Korea, 5M from China and like 3 millions from the other markets perhaps. So around a 33/34M OS week? 538M or so overseas, and 367M domestically, for a 905M WW total.

• Like 1

Any upcoming holiday in Sweden? Anyways, Frozen should pass the 900M mark this weekend. Let's say a 5/6M weekend from South Korea and an average 25% drop from the other holdovers, meaning around 8.5M. I don't know how post-Lunar dailies are structured in China, maybe a 7/8M 3-day weekend? That'd mean 21/22 millions. During weekdays it should get 4M+ from South Korea, 5M from China and like 3 millions from the other markets perhaps. So around a 33/34M OS week? 538M or so overseas, and 367M domestically, for a 905M WW total.

I would say $910-920 WW by Sunday. But it's Frozen so $920+ is a possibility, it depends on how Lego Movie does

I would say $910-920 WW by Sunday. But it's Frozen so $920+ is a possibility, it depends on how Lego Movie does

How can it possibly be at 920 by Sunday? South Korea is post-holiday, the other holdovers tend to be weak on weekdays (so they have weakdays -.- ... oh my...) and that's it. Either it drops 20% domestically against Lego and has a 15M short weekend in China, or 920M is an impossibility. I'd say that without a double-digit 3-day opening in China, 910+ is not possible.

How can it possibly be at 920 by Sunday? South Korea is post-holiday, the other holdovers tend to be weak on weekdays (so they have weakdays -.- ... oh my...) and that's it. Either it drops 20% domestically against Lego and has a 15M short weekend in China, or 920M is an impossibility. I'd say that without a double-digit 3-day opening in China, 910+ is not possible.

Sing a long version in the UK + Half Term holidays in some parts of Europe. 

Last week it did $42. Let's say 30% drop this week. That makes around $30 + $12 M. in China (Wed-Sun). And we have again $42 + $504 = $546 + Dom $368 = $914 M.  ;)

Edited by HenryBcn