CJohn

Frozen OS thread

Wasn't last Monday around 1.3M though? If that 40% rise holds, 2M won't be reached.

40% increase would be 1.82m, but half the tix are at $10(child admission) instead of $12.50

maybe 1.7 instead.

But the other chains had much stronger  2pm numbers. so maybe 1.8 -1.9m. the next 4 days should be bigger based on last week.

I've got a couple of graphs showing how Frozen compares to most of the top-grossing animated movies in Japanese history.

Posted Image

Posted Image

From what little data we have so far, it looks like Frozen is on track to fit somewhere in this elite company.  Of course, as any mathematician worth their salt knows, extrapolating a nonlinear trend from two points is usually unwise.

*Notes*

Thanks to Corpse at KJ for most of the numbers that went into this.

Princess Mononoke was omitted because I couldn't get weekend numbers.

Monsters University's numbers are approximate based on BOM's dollar figures.

• Like 6

kinezo 90% up from last monday

thats good. Almost in line 2pm number. 109 had a bigger bump too. Maybe a 50% increase over last week. 1.8-2mWe need toho to step it up into the 30m tomorrow.with gods medical bombing, do u think frozen gets more screens?

i am not sure about screens, but definitely frozen will get more seats, which is the most important. more screens do not guarantee more seats coz some screens have fewer seats. God 2 bombs to incredible level. in kinezo chain, only 24 admissions out of 15457 seats.

• Like 2

Someone says that Elsa&Anna characters are inspired (ripped off) by 80's anime Saint Seiya sisters Freya and Polaris Hilda (older sister have the same powers of Elsa).

Posted Image

Is this the reason why  Frozen is doing so well in Japan?

I dont think so and some people indicate that someone intends to associate saint seiya with frozen becsuse saint seiya movie is screening this summer. I am a big fan of Saint seiya and i have to say this argument is ridiculous. The older sister 's power comes from the Sea God Poseidon and this is a conspiracy. The younger sister was not able to save her sister, not to mention sacrifice.

I dont think so and some people indicate that someone intends to associate saint seiya with frozen becsuse saint seiya movie is screening this summer. I am a big fan of Saint seiya and i have to say this argument is ridiculous. The older sister 's power comes from the Sea God Poseidon and this is a conspiracy. The younger sister was not able to save her sister, not to mention sacrifice.

I agree, but from the graphical point of view, the similarity is remarkable.

I've got a couple of graphs showing how Frozen compares to most of the top-grossing animated movies in Japanese history.

Posted Image

Posted Image

From what little data we have so far, it looks like Frozen is on track to fit somewhere in this elite company.  Of course, as any mathematician worth their salt knows, extrapolating a nonlinear trend from two points is usually unwise.

*Notes*

Thanks to Corpse at KJ for most of the numbers that went into this.

Princess Mononoke was omitted because I couldn't get weekend numbers.

Monsters University's numbers are approximate based on BOM's dollar figures.

I like the charts

Sundays total mite be 54m. Then projecting. 75, 85, 93 for the following weeks. That has frozen riding just above TS3